14 Replies Latest reply on Dec 29, 2017 4:46 PM by 3467126

Import Metadata with FDMEE to HFM from EBS

I have problem importing metadata from EBS source, the process send me an error and in the hierarchy region in starting parent doesnt display member... any idea ?? pleasse Help!!! i read all blogs and paper but anything work, and there is no much information about this thanks in advance

• 1. Re: Import Metadata with FDMEE to HFM from EBS
          JohnGoodwin

3467126 wrote:

the process send me an error and in the hierarchy region in starting parent doesnt display member... any idea ??

What errors are being generated when running a metadata load? if the process log does not provide much information, try turning the log level to 5, if that doesn't help look at the ODI logs for the errors being generated using either the ODI Studio or Console.

Cheers

John

• 2. Re: Import Metadata with FDMEE to HFM from EBS

Hi John,

This is the error: "

2017-12-27 10:33:01,492 INFO  [AIF]: Creating import profile: ERPI System Profile 49 (Shared)

2017-12-27 10:33:02,113 ERROR [AIF]: error encountered

2017-12-27 10:33:02,113 ERROR [AIF]: Error encountered

2017-12-27 10:33:02,122 INFO  [AIF]: [exportMetadataToEPMA: 1145 ] End ( java.lang.Exception: javax.xml.rpc.soap.SOAPFaultException: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.

Server stack trace:

at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)

at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)

at Hyperion.DimensionServer.Proxies.ImportsProxy.DataSourceInfoByName(Guid sessionID, String dataSource)

at Hyperion.DimensionServer.Proxies.ImportsProxy.<>c__DisplayClass1.<CreateImportProfileForApplication>b__0()

at Hyperion.DimensionServer.Global.HandleThreadContext(Guid sessionID, ThreadContextDelegate method)

at Hyperion.DimensionServer.BaseProxy.HandleAPICall(Guid sessionID, ThreadContextDelegate method)

at Hyperion.DimensionServer.Proxies.ImportsProxy.CreateImportProfileForApplication(Guid sessionID, String name, String description, ImportType importType, String dataSourceName, ApplicationLocator locator)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Object[]& outArgs)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)

Exception rethrown at [0]:

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)

at Hyperion.DimensionServer.Interface.IImports.CreateImportProfileForApplication(Guid sessionID, String name, String description, ImportType importType, String dataSourceName, ApplicationLocator locator)

at Hyperion.DimensionServer.WebServices.Imports.CreateImportProfileForApplication(Guid sessionID, String name, String description, ImportType importType, String dataSourceName, ApplicationLocator locator)

--- End of inner exception stack trace --- )

2017-12-27 10:33:02,149 DEBUG [AIF]: AIFUtil.callOdiServlet - END

2017-12-27 10:33:02,151 FATAL [AIF]: Error in CommDim.loadMetadata

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "<string>", line 4185, in loadMetadata

RuntimeError: java.lang.Exception: javax.xml.rpc.soap.SOAPFaultException: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.

Server stack trace:

at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)

at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)

at Hyperion.DimensionServer.Proxies.ImportsProxy.DataSourceInfoByName(Guid sessionID, String dataSource)

at Hyperion.DimensionServer.Proxies.ImportsProxy.<>c__DisplayClass1.<CreateImportProfileForApplication>b__0()

at Hyperion.DimensionServer.Global.HandleThreadContext(Guid sessionID, ThreadContextDelegate method)

at Hyperion.DimensionServer.BaseProxy.HandleAPICall(Guid sessionID, ThreadContextDelegate method)

at Hyperion.DimensionServer.Proxies.ImportsProxy.CreateImportProfileForApplication(Guid sessionID, String name, String description, ImportType importType, String dataSourceName, ApplicationLocator locator)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Object[]& outArgs)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)

Exception rethrown at [0]:

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)

at Hyperion.DimensionServer.Interface.IImports.CreateImportProfileForApplication(Guid sessionID, String name, String description, ImportType importType, String dataSourceName, ApplicationLocator locator)

at Hyperion.DimensionServer.WebServices.Imports.CreateImportProfileForApplication(Guid sessionID, String name, String description, ImportType importType, String dataSourceName, ApplicationLocator locator)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

2017-12-27 10:33:02,241 FATAL [AIF]: Error in Load Metadata

2017-12-27 10:33:02,439 INFO  [AIF]: FDMEE Process End, Process ID: 1145"

• 3. Re: Import Metadata with FDMEE to HFM from EBS
              JohnGoodwin

The errors you are seeing look similar to this post - Metadata import error during creation of import profile

• 4. Re: Import Metadata with FDMEE to HFM from EBS

But all my dimension have a data column, i saw this post but this is not the problem and i have two problems the erros when i execute and that the hierarchy doesnt show anything

• 5. Re: Import Metadata with FDMEE to HFM from EBS
                  JohnGoodwin

Well you have not included what you have read about, tried or tested so how do I know, good luck.

• 6. Re: Import Metadata with FDMEE to HFM from EBS

Sorry I read a lot of things, im really without ideas now and really frustrated!!! did you have other idea please, you are always my salvation

• 7. Re: Import Metadata with FDMEE to HFM from EBS
                      JohnGoodwin

The issue that I posted the link to was down to a missing "EPMA Data Source Name" value in the FDMEE system settings, I assume you have that set up correctly

• 8. Re: Import Metadata with FDMEE to HFM from EBS

I thinks yes

This is the name of my EPMA App

And this is the setu up i did it

• 9. Re: Import Metadata with FDMEE to HFM from EBS
                          JohnGoodwin

It is not the name of the application, "EPMA Data Source Name" = "Specifies the EPMA Data Source name for the EPMA Interface Data Source"

• 10. Re: Import Metadata with FDMEE to HFM from EBS

ok im going to try to configure correctly thanks

• 11. Re: Import Metadata with FDMEE to HFM from EBS

Now i configured correctly de EPM Data Source, and still have error

"

ERROR [AIF]: error encountered

2017-12-27 15:16:28,729 ERROR [AIF]: Error encountered

2017-12-27 15:16:28,733 INFO  [AIF]: [exportMetadataToEPMA: 1203 ] End ( java.lang.Exception: javax.xml.rpc.soap.SOAPFaultException: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

• 12. Re: Import Metadata with FDMEE to HFM from EBS
                                JohnGoodwin

Did you follow the instructions at Configuring Interface Data Sources

Pay attention to "If you plan to use Performance Management Architect with FDMEE, the interface data source must be in the FDMEE database schema. In addition, if using Oracle Hyperion Financial Data Quality Management, Enterprise Edition, you should deselect the option to create interface tables in the procedure below"

• 13. Re: Import Metadata with FDMEE to HFM from EBS
                                  SureshM-Oracle

What aif-webapp.log(assuming this is FDMEE v11.1.2.4) says for the same timestamp?

• 14. Re: Import Metadata with FDMEE to HFM from EBS

The interface data source wasnt in the FDMEE database schema, i correct that and now i dont have the error, but i still have the problem when initialize the ERP " Error in LKM EBS Extract Summary Nodes - Load Summary Dim Members Stage - Independent Value Set - Source System Id: 6 - Value Set Id: 1015103

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "<string>", line 404, in loadSummaryDimMembersStage

SQLIntegrityConstraintViolationException: java.sql.SQLIntegrityConstraintViolationException: ORA-00001: restricción única (EPMFDM.AIF_DIM_MEMBERS_STG_U1) violada"

And for that i think that i cant saw the hierarchy in the metadata rule and the export is really strange to de EPMA HFM App