1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 16, 2018 8:01 PM by Ravi Wallau

Invalid database instance while checking authentication mode

ShaunZ

[v17.12]

Hi,

I'm getting the following error in my P6WebServices.log when I try to connect to p6ws through our .NET app:

[partition-name: DOMAIN] > <BEA-000000> <A server exception occured while trying to perform username token authentication: Invalid database instance while checking authentication mode.

com.primavera.bo.common.InvalidInstanceLoginException: Invalid database instance while checking authentication mode.

at com.primavera.bo.common.LoginHelper.login(LoginHelper.java:113)

at com.primavera.bo.remotable.SessionLifetime.login(SessionLifetime.java:57)

at com.primavera.bo.remotable.qproxy.SessionLifetime.login(SessionLifetime.java:76)

at com.primavera.bo.DBSessionLifetime.login(DBSessionLifetime.java:28)

at com.primavera.integration.server.ServerFacadeBase.login(ServerFacadeBase.java:491)

at com.primavera.integration.server.ServerFacade.login(ServerFacade.java:21)

at com.primavera.integration.client.LocalSession.login(LocalSession.java:114)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)

at com.primavera.integration.client.Session.doLogin(Session.java:375)

at com.primavera.integration.client.Session.login(Session.java:363)

at com.primavera.ws.security.impl.WSLoginHelper.login(WSLoginHelper.java:19)

at com.primavera.ws.security.impl.UsernameTokenAuthenticationManager.performAuthentication(UsernameTokenAuthenticationManager.java:64)

at com.primavera.ws.jaxws.handler.SecurityHandler.handleMessage(SecurityHandler.java:66)

at com.primavera.ws.jaxws.handler.SecurityHandler.handleMessage(SecurityHandler.java:31)

at com.sun.xml.ws.handler.HandlerProcessor.callHandleMessage(HandlerProcessor.java:289)

at com.sun.xml.ws.handler.HandlerProcessor.callHandlersRequest(HandlerProcessor.java:140)

at com.sun.xml.ws.handler.ServerSOAPHandlerTube.callHandlersOnRequest(ServerSOAPHandlerTube.java:138)

at com.sun.xml.ws.handler.HandlerTube.processRequest(HandlerTube.java:127)

at com.sun.xml.ws.api.pipe.Fiber.__doRun(Fiber.java:1136)

at com.sun.xml.ws.api.pipe.Fiber._doRun(Fiber.java:1050)

at com.sun.xml.ws.api.pipe.Fiber.doRun(Fiber.java:1019)

at com.sun.xml.ws.api.pipe.Fiber.runSync(Fiber.java:877)

at com.sun.xml.ws.server.WSEndpointImpl$2.process(WSEndpointImpl.java:419)

at com.sun.xml.ws.transport.http.HttpAdapter$HttpToolkit.handle(HttpAdapter.java:868)

at com.sun.xml.ws.transport.http.HttpAdapter.handle(HttpAdapter.java:422)

at com.sun.xml.ws.transport.http.servlet.ServletAdapter.handle(ServletAdapter.java:169)

at weblogic.wsee.jaxws.WLSServletAdapter.handle(WLSServletAdapter.java:229)

at weblogic.wsee.jaxws.HttpServletAdapter$AuthorizedInvoke.run(HttpServletAdapter.java:667)

at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:368)

at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:163)

at weblogic.wsee.util.ServerSecurityHelper.authenticatedInvoke(ServerSecurityHelper.java:108)

at weblogic.wsee.jaxws.HttpServletAdapter$3.run(HttpServletAdapter.java:286)

at weblogic.wsee.jaxws.HttpServletAdapter.post(HttpServletAdapter.java:295)

at weblogic.wsee.jaxws.JAXWSServlet.doRequest(JAXWSServlet.java:128)

at weblogic.servlet.http.AbstractAsyncServlet.service(AbstractAsyncServlet.java:103)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:790)

at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletServiceAction.run(StubSecurityHelper.java:286)

at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletServiceAction.run(StubSecurityHelper.java:260)

at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper.invokeServlet(StubSecurityHelper.java:137)

at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:350)

at weblogic.servlet.internal.TailFilter.doFilter(TailFilter.java:25)

at weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:78)

at com.primavera.ws.servlets.filter.GZIPFilter.doFilter(GZIPFilter.java:51)

at weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:78)

at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.wrapRun(WebAppServletContext.java:3683)

at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java:3649)

at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:326)

at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAsForUserCode(SecurityManager.java:197)

at weblogic.servlet.provider.WlsSecurityProvider.runAsForUserCode(WlsSecurityProvider.java:203)

at weblogic.servlet.provider.WlsSubjectHandle.run(WlsSubjectHandle.java:71)

at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.doSecuredExecute(WebAppServletContext.java:2433)

at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.securedExecute(WebAppServletContext.java:2281)

at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.execute(WebAppServletContext.java:2259)

at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.runInternal(ServletRequestImpl.java:1691)

at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.run(ServletRequestImpl.java:1651)

at weblogic.servlet.provider.ContainerSupportProviderImpl$WlsRequestExecutor.run(ContainerSupportProviderImpl.java:270)

at weblogic.invocation.ComponentInvocationContextManager._runAs(ComponentInvocationContextManager.java:348)

at weblogic.invocation.ComponentInvocationContextManager.runAs(ComponentInvocationContextManager.java:333)

at weblogic.work.LivePartitionUtility.doRunWorkUnderContext(LivePartitionUtility.java:54)

at weblogic.work.PartitionUtility.runWorkUnderContext(PartitionUtility.java:41)

at weblogic.work.SelfTuningWorkManagerImpl.runWorkUnderContext(SelfTuningWorkManagerImpl.java:640)

at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:406)

at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:346)

>

And I'm not finding much info about it. I've found this thread, which seams similar, but doesn't really help me. He mentions additional errors from the WebLogic Console.. Where would I see that?

I've also found this help doc, but apparently I'm not allowed to see the cause so that's super nice.

Any suggestions?

Please note that I'm new to almost all of this, and just trying to help fix a problem here!

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Invalid database instance while checking authentication mode
          Ravi Wallau

Hi:

On a P6 EPPM server, you have different BREBootStrap.xml files for P6 and for the Web Services. If P6 is working but the Web Services are not, it is likely that you have configured the server "p6" correctly, but left the one called "p6ws" misconfigured. You should run dbconfig.sh/ cmd on the "p6ws" script to point it at the proper database, and also run the admin utility to make sure all your databases listed under the "Databases" node in the configuration you are using are correctly.

This assumes that you know what it is that I am talking about. If you are unsure, ask help to the person who maintains the P6 EPPM environment. They should know.

This error is coming from the P6 server and it is not a mistake - you have an invalid instance - it is invalid, it is in an older version, or some other thing that prevents the WS from working with it.