9 Replies Latest reply on Jan 4, 2018 5:31 PM by rp0428

Sql query is working fine in sqlplus command prompt but when i running through sqldeveloper then getting the following error-

Hi All,

Sql query is working fine in sqlplus command prompt but when i running through sqldeveloper then getting the following error-

Query :-  SELECT COUNT(1) FROM omnix.ngi_antenna_v@nc_mbn_omnix_prod;

Error :- 

ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified

12154. 00000 -  "TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified"

*Cause:    A connection to a database or other service was requested using

a connect identifier, and the connect identifier specified could not

be resolved into a connect descriptor using one of the naming methods

configured. For example, if the type of connect identifier used was a

net service name then the net service name could not be found in a

naming method repository, or the repository could not be

located or reached.

*Action:  

- If you are using local naming (TNSNAMES.ORA file):

- Make sure that "TNSNAMES" is listed as one of the values of the

NAMES.DIRECTORY_PATH parameter in the Oracle Net profile

(SQLNET.ORA)

- Verify that a TNSNAMES.ORA file exists and is in the proper

directory and is accessible.

- Check that the net service name used as the connect identifier

exists in the TNSNAMES.ORA file.

- Make sure there are no syntax errors anywhere in the TNSNAMES.ORA

file.  Look for unmatched parentheses or stray characters. Errors

in a TNSNAMES.ORA file may make it unusable.

- If you are using directory naming:

- Verify that "LDAP" is listed as one of the values of the

NAMES.DIRETORY_PATH parameter in the Oracle Net profile

(SQLNET.ORA).

- Verify that the LDAP directory server is up and that it is

accessible.

- Verify that the net service name or database name used as the

connect identifier is configured in the directory.

- Verify that the default context being used is correct by

specifying a fully qualified net service name or a full LDAP DN

as the connect identifier

- If you are using easy connect naming:

- Verify that "EZCONNECT" is listed as one of the values of the

NAMES.DIRETORY_PATH parameter in the Oracle Net profile

(SQLNET.ORA).

- Make sure the host, port and service name specified

are correct.

- Try enclosing the connect identifier in quote marks.

Error at Line: 1 Column: 42

Please let me know if anyone know the solution for this. it would be great help.

• 1. Re: Sql query is working fine in sqlplus command prompt but when i running through sqldeveloper then getting the following error-

Please reply anyone i am waiting for solution this is very urgent please

• 2. Re: Sql query is working fine in sqlplus command prompt but when i running through sqldeveloper then getting the following error-
            Oyvind Isene

This error has probably nothing to do with SQL Developer. Are you sure you are connected to the same database instance? The error says that the Client cannot resolve "nc_mbn_omnix_prod". Since the Client in this case is the database instance you are Connected to it will use the same TNSNAMES.ORA file independent of if you are Connected With SQL Plus or other SQL Developer.

select * from all_db_links;

Does this SQL give you the same output from SQL Plus and SQL Developer?

(Sorry for random init caps, something funny With this editor or my web browser).

• 3. Re: Sql query is working fine in sqlplus command prompt but when i running through sqldeveloper then getting the following error-

Thanks Oyvind for the reply.

I just checked  this query on both sqlplus and sqldeveloper select * from all_db_links;

Its giving the same output on both. I unable to find the correct this issue.

SQL> select * from all_db_links;

OWNER

------------------------------

DB_LINK

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

USERNAME

HOST

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CREATED

------------------

PUBLIC

DBLINK_VIEW_NC_OMNIX

NC_OMNIX_VIEW_USER

OWNER

DB_LINK

USERNAME

HOST

CREATED

------------------

10.11.118.27:1521/OMNIXPRD

10-AUG-16

OWNER

DB_LINK

USERNAME

HOST

CREATED

------------------

PUBLIC

NC_MBN_OMNIX_PROD

NGI

OWNER

DB_LINK

USERNAME

HOST

CREATED

------------------

OMNIXPRD

10-AUG-16

OWNER

DB_LINK

USERNAME

HOST

CREATED

------------------

MNIL_PROD

NC_MBN_OMNIX.MOBINIL.CORP

NGI

OWNER

DB_LINK

USERNAME

HOST

CREATED

------------------

(DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = 10.11.105.49 )

(PORT = 1521))) (CONNECT_DATA = (SERVER = DEDICATED) (SERVICE_NAME = omnix)))

24-JAN-16

OWNER

DB_LINK

USERNAME

HOST

CREATED

------------------

• 5. Re: Sql query is working fine in sqlplus command prompt but when i running through sqldeveloper then getting the following error-

This is very urgent issue i need to fix this ASAP. could anyone please help on this issue.

• 6. Re: Sql query is working fine in sqlplus command prompt but when i running through sqldeveloper then getting the following error-
                  EdStevens

dd671f86-3db9-40e1-b234-39faa82364e0 wrote:

Please reply anyone i am waiting for solution this is very urgent please

=================================

This forum is not a chat line, and it is not paid support.

Everyone here has a job for which they are paid, and this forum is not it.

No one is responsible for monitoring it and giving a quick response. 

Furthermore, it is a global forum.  The person with the information you seek may very well live 20 time zones away from you and was going to bed just as you posted. He will not even see your post for several more hours. 

Your original post went up in the middle of the night for half the world.

No one with the information you seek is deliberately withholding it until you sound sufficiently desperate.

Second, because of my first point, there is no "urgent" here. 

"Urgent" means one of two things -

1) people's live are at stake, or

2) you have a customer-facing, revenue-producing production system that is down. 

(And to get some perspective on the second case, keep the first in mind.)

For the first, you call whatever civil emergency service seems appropriate. 

For the second, you open an SR with Oracle - which requires a paid-up support contract. For *them* to consider your problem "urgent", you will need to demonstrate that your problem falls under item #2. I seriously doubt your problem fits that criteria.

You don't have a support contract?  Now you know the exact dollar figure that your company places on the data. 

====

Now, to your immediate problem.

Please re-read Oyvind Isene - msg 2.    I'd be willing to bet that you are not connecting to the db you think your are, thus the db link is not using the tnsnames.ora you think it is.

Show us the results of the following, from both sqlplus and SQL Dev

select instance_name, host_name from v$instance;

• 7. Re: Sql query is working fine in sqlplus command prompt but when i running through sqldeveloper then getting the following error-

I already check this and this is same result on both

INSTANCE_NAME

----------------

HOST_NAME

----------------------------------------------------------------

NCTST

nctest

I know this whatever you written instead of writing these long mail you should think about the solution. I am not forcing to anyone to give the answer. this is open discussion form and whoever know the answer that person will reply.

• 8. Re: Sql query is working fine in sqlplus command prompt but when i running through sqldeveloper then getting the following error-

Is anybody face similar kind of issue. i checked all possible solution but non of them is working.

• 9. Re: Sql query is working fine in sqlplus command prompt but when i running through sqldeveloper then getting the following error-

I know this whatever you written instead of writing these long mail you should think about the solution. I am not forcing to anyone to give the answer. this is open discussion form and whoever know the answer that person will reply.

Yes - this is an open discussion forum.

And it is everyone's responsibility, including yours, to follow the forum guidelines when posting.

Please review ALL of the guidelines and, if you decide to continue posting, commit to following them:

Community Posting Etiquette

Do not mark your question as urgent or ASAP.