6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 11, 2018 1:07 AM by Mohit Amgaonkar

Send 1 hour reminder email

Mohit Amgaonkar

Hi All,

I wanted to know how to send 1-hour email reminder based on the date/time stored in the contact database field.

So the use case is the contacts are coming from the form and are sent to a campaign. In the form, the user selects the date on which they would like to have a demo. Now I want to send a reminder email to the user 1-hour before the event.

Thanks,

Mohit

• 1. Re: Send 1 hour reminder email
          John Alexander

Hi, if your form has specific options for date/time, you just need to append the values to a contact/cdo field then build shared filters to check which value they selected on the form and route them to a wait step set to send your reminders 1 hour before the event as needed.

Something like this.

form datetime.JPG

• 2. Re: Send 1 hour reminder email
            Joshua.Parker

You could also use the date comparison app form the marketplace to do something that dynamically does this.

Since the comparison app only works on a "days" format and you need hours you may have to get creative. You could do something along the lines of the below evaluation which is essentially looking at a contact date field and seeing if it equals one day prior to today's date. If the answer is yes then you could feed it into a 23 hour wait step and send the email (which should technically be one hour prior). Would need to test it to make sure but seems like it should work. This would be scale-able so they could pick any date and it would automatically adjust. You may have to feed it into a loop to keep checking every few min looping the no path back into the check and also add a fail safe just in case they come in with less than 24 hours until their appointment.

• 3. Re: Send 1 hour reminder email
              Mohit Amgaonkar

The date and time is dynamic so this solution won't work for us.

Thanks,

Mohit

• 4. Re: Send 1 hour reminder email
                Mohit Amgaonkar

Sorry I did not get your solution. If possible please add campaign canvas image of the solution.

• 5. Re: Send 1 hour reminder email
                  Joshua.Parker

Yep it would look something like below. Pretty simple and should dynamically work with whatever date gets entered (assuming the date is at least one day in the future). For the "Data decision" app settings you can use the settings I listed above basically. Concept is they are fed in from the segment step. It checks to see if the date is 1 day away (answer should most likely be no since it would be more than a day. Then when it went through the no step it would feed into a 6 min wait step then recheck the one day away "Date Decision" until it answers yes. Then it feeds into a 23 hour wait step then into the email. Biggest issue with this is it requires at least 1 day away due to the limitations of the date decision app but positive is it doesn't require filling out pre-defined dates.

• 6. Re: Send 1 hour reminder email
                    Mohit Amgaonkar

Got it. Let me try that. Thanks Joshua