8 Replies Latest reply on Jan 12, 2018 8:31 PM by fac586

hide export application from other developer

Ahmed AL-Saied

Dears ,

How can i hide export application and pages from other developers ?

version apex 5.1

thanks

• 1. Re: hide export application from other developer
          TexasApexDeveloper

Why exactly do you want to do this?  If they have SQL Developer access to your workspace/schema you will also need to disable this.

Thank you,

Tony Miller

Los Alamos, NM

• 2. Re: hide export application from other developer
            Ahmed AL-Saied

Actually they didn't have access to SQL Developer or any database tool , just access to workspace developer , i need to  disable the export option for application and pages just only .

thanks

• 3. Re: hide export application from other developer
              Mike Kutz

The only way to prevent an APEX Developer from exporting pages/applications is with an NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement).

My $0.02

MK

• 4. Re: hide export application from other developer
                TexasApexDeveloper

So how do they develop PL/SQL objects (Packages, Procedures, Functions and such)?  Sounds like a recipe for a disaster if you don't trust your developers to have the BASIC tools for developing in an Oracle database or to export the work they are doing..

Thank you,

Tony Miller

Los Alamos, NM

• 5. Re: hide export application from other developer
                  Ahmed AL-Saied

Hi Tony Miller ,

This not related with trust , why you turned the subject into a personal matter ? we are talking here about how to apply this ?

Thanks

Ahmed Alsaied

• 6. Re: hide export application from other developer
                    Mike Kutz

Ahmed AL-Saied wrote:

Hi Tony Miller ,

This not related with trust , why you turned the subject into a personal matter ? we are talking here about how to apply this ?

Thanks

Ahmed Alsaied

As far as I know, the simplest answer on "how to apply this" is YOU CAN'T.

Even if you could disable "export application or page" from within the APEX Developer, there are "command line" tools to export the application or page via SQL*Developer.

I suggest we take a step back and have you answer this question:

What is your Business Requirement you are trying to solve by disabling "export application" from within the Application Developer console?

MK

• 7. Re: hide export application from other developer
                      TexasApexDeveloper

Lets walk this back a step.. What sort of business requirement do you have to that requires the developers do NOT have access to export apex applications from the workspace they are working in?  How exactly do you have developers NOT using basic development tool s like SQL Developer or Toad?

Thank you,

Tony Miller

Los Alamos, NM

• 8. Re: hide export application from other developer
                        fac586

Ahmed AL-Saied wrote:

This not related with trust

In the absence of any other information, that is what it looks like.

why you turned the subject into a personal matter ?

The only personal matter that has been raised in this thread is that of the relationship between you and your colleagues.

we are talking here about how to apply this ?

The first thing to be established is why it would be necessary to "apply this"? What problem would it solve?

All Tony has done is pointed out that stopping developers from exporting applications and pages would prevent them from following the standard development practices of taking back-ups and storing components in a source code control/versioning system. I think I'm safe in saying that Tony, Mike, and I would not endorse or participate in such a workflow.

The only access restriction that APEX can apply to developers is at workspace level. If developers are not to access applications, then the applications must exist in a workspace that the developer cannot access as a user with developer or admin privileges.