7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 2, 2018 7:31 PM by 2650355

Endea DGraphA1 failed to start error

Hi,

I am facing this issue and it is blocker for me.. please help me..

Exception stack trace:
      com.endeca.soleng.eac.toolkit.exception.AppControlException: Error executing valid BeanShell script.
              at com.endeca.soleng.eac.toolkit.script.Script.runBeanShellScript(Script.java:179)
              at com.endeca.soleng.eac.toolkit.script.Script.run(Script.java:127)
              at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
              at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
              at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
              at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
              at bsh.Reflect.invokeMethod(Unknown Source)
              at bsh.Reflect.invokeObjectMethod(Unknown Source)
              at bsh.Name.invokeMethod(Unknown Source)
              at bsh.BSHMethodInvocation.eval(Unknown Source)
              at bsh.BSHPrimaryExpression.eval(Unknown Source)
              at bsh.BSHBlock.evalBlock(Unknown Source)
              at bsh.BSHBlock.eval(Unknown Source)
              at bsh.BSHTryStatement.eval(Unknown Source)
              at bsh.BSHBlock.evalBlock(Unknown Source)
              at bsh.BSHIfStatement.eval(Unknown Source)
              at bsh.Interpreter.eval(Unknown Source)
              at com.endeca.soleng.eac.toolkit.script.Script.runBeanShellScript(Script.java:165)
              at com.endeca.soleng.eac.toolkit.script.Script.run(Script.java:127)
              at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
              at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
              at com.endeca.soleng.eac.toolkit.Controller.invokeRequestedMethod(Controller.java:917)
              at com.endeca.soleng.eac.toolkit.Controller.execute(Controller.java:255)
              at com.endeca.soleng.eac.toolkit.Controller.main(Controller.java:134)

Caused by: com.endeca.soleng.eac.toolkit.exception.EacComponentControlException: Server component 'DgraphA1' failed to start. Refer to component logs in /opt/oracle/endeca/apps/peapod/./logs/dgraphs/DgraphA1 on host LiveMDEXHostA.
              at com.endeca.soleng.eac.toolkit.component.ServerComponent.startInParallel(ServerComponent.java:123)
              at com.endeca.soleng.eac.toolkit.component.cluster.DgraphCluster.applyIndex(DgraphCluster.java:612)

at bsh.Reflect.invokeMethod(Unknown Source)
              at bsh.Reflect.invokeObjectMethod(Unknown Source)
              at bsh.Name.invokeMethod(Unknown Source)
              at bsh.BSHMethodInvocation.eval(Unknown Source)
              at com.endeca.soleng.eac.toolkit.script.Script.runBeanShellScript(Script.java:165)
              ... 31 more

• 1. Re: Endea DGraphA1 failed to start error

also i checked the logs

DgraphA1.start.log

DgraphA1.log

cat DgraphA1.start.log

WARN 01/16/18 01:50:17.175 UTC (1516067417175) DGRAPH {dgraph,baseline} Notice: the '--whymatch' option has been deprecated; see the product documentation for more details.

cat DgraphA1.log

ERROR 01/16/18 01:50:17.176 UTC (1516067417176) DGRAPH {dgraph,baseline} InputFileStream can't open file "/opt/oracle/endeca/apps/peapod/data/dgraphs/DgraphA1/dgraph_input/PeapodQA1.store" for reading [err=`No such file or directory',errno=2]

ERROR 01/16/18 01:50:17.176 UTC (1516067417176) DGRAPH {dgraph,baseline} Attempt to read past end of stream

ERROR 01/16/18 01:50:17.176 UTC (1516067417176) DGRAPH {dgraph,baseline} Attempt to read past end of stream

ERROR 01/16/18 01:50:17.177 UTC (1516067417177) DGRAPH {dgraph,baseline} Attempt to read past end of stream

ERROR 01/16/18 01:50:17.177 UTC (1516067417177) DGRAPH {dgraph,baseline} Module version consistency violation: missing "FORMAT:" section in version string

FATAL 01/16/18 01:50:17.177 UTC (1516067417177) DGRAPH {dgraph,baseline} Version string found in "/opt/oracle/endeca/apps/peapod/data/dgraphs/DgraphA1/dgraph_input/PeapodQA1.store" is '' which does not match the version of this binary which is 'READS:dgidx=6.3.0a WRITES:dgraph=IR640'.

Please reply with the possible fix that will enable to start the MDEX engine

• 2. Re: Endea DGraphA1 failed to start error

Vaibhav R Patil-Oracle can you reply.. I answered your questions

• 3. Re: Endea DGraphA1 failed to start error
              Vaibhav R Patil-Oracle

The ERRORS that you see above are most likely due to the index not being copied on the MDEX server.  Check if ITL server and the MDEX server can communicate with each other on port 8888. Also, check if there are any errors in the platform services logs on the MDEX server.

• 4. Re: Endea DGraphA1 failed to start error
                Grando

Hi,

I got this problem once and solved by manually copying this file "PeapodQA1.store" from another environment to that folder and than run baseline index again.

Hope it helps.

Bye.

• 5. Re: Endea DGraphA1 failed to start error

@Grando Vaibhav R Patil-Oracle copied that file alone but it didn't help me resolve the issue. do we need to copy all the files.. here I need some clarifications

1. what folder I need to copy .store file

2. what are the names of the copy utilities files for copying the index files from one host to another...

I already copied the .store file and reran baseline update but no luck...DGraphA1 failed to start error as index files doesn't exist or not getting copied.

Please reply

• 6. Re: Endea DGraphA1 failed to start error
                    Grando

Hi,

I copied "Endeca\Apps\myApp\data\dgidx_output\myApp.store" file from our test environment to homologation environment that was getting the problem.

After, restarted Endeca services, run atg baseline and run endeca baseline (\control\baseline_update.sh). This solved to me.

Hope it helps.

Bye.

• 7. Re: Endea DGraphA1 failed to start error

just copying the .store file didn't work...copied all index files to the dgidx output folder and starting endeca services helped