Can you please elaborate more.
What Message Format are you trying to use ?
Prootcol Version of Message ?
As you are new to B2B, here are the steps that you need to follow.
1. Create the ecs/xsd for the required document type / document revision (e.g.: X12 - 4010 - 850) using the document editor ( refer page 21 onwards in the EDI cookbook - http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/b2b-integrations/learnmore/edicookbookoracle-b2b-11g-1662529.pdf )
2. using the B2B administration screen, create the document revision (4010), document type (850) and document definition (upload the newly created ecs/xsd )
3. Create the Trading partner ( in profile page) and associate the newly created document definition to the partner
4. create the partner channel and agreement
5. to run a sample, you can generate the same xml message using the document editor. This info is also available in the EDI Cookbook - http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/b2b-integrations/learnmore/edicookbookoracle-b2b-11g-1662529.pdf
Hope this Helps