4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 25, 2018 3:18 AM by 1000399

EBS GL Journal Approval Start

From where the "GL Journal Approval" workflow process kick off? I want to customize the GLBATCH workflow and the name of that new custom workflow need to attach to the GL journal approval process. Hope it helps? I just want to know the starting point of the process

• 1. Re: EBS GL Journal Approval Start
          Bommi

Hi,

Actually there are few setups to enable the GL Journal Approval. Like

1. GL Superuser Resp. > Setup > Financials > Accounting Setup Manager > Accounting Setups. Click on Update of corresponding Ledger. In step-2, the check box 'Enable Journal Approval' should be enabled.

2. General Ledger Super User Resp. > Setup > Journals > Sources. The check box 'Require Journal Approval' will be checked for corresponding Source.

3. The Profile Option ' Approval Management (AME) for journal approval' is set to 'Y' at site level

Also we need to define the Authorization Limits (if approval is based on Authorization limits), Approval Groups, Rules, Conditions need to be created.

Regards,

Bommi

• 2. Re: EBS GL Journal Approval Start

You are just talking about just enabling Journal approval. I am asking for something different & which is  The standard workflow is 'GLBATCH' and I have created with custom workflow name XXGLBATCH. In EBS (Front end) setup where we can replace the start of the GL journal approval with new custom workflow process name?

• 3. Re: EBS GL Journal Approval Start
              Bommi

Hi,

In 'Approvals Management Administrator' Resp. you can find. But, these responsibility access will not be available for everyone (I think). We need to reach Admin to provide access

Thanks

• 4. Re: EBS GL Journal Approval Start

Nothing there in this responsibility & the responsibility you have suggested is only for AME. I Don't need that.