1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 2, 2018 9:25 PM by MarkStewart

ORDS - old ORACLE_SID being used

MarkStewart

I am in the process of cloning a single ORACLE_HOME on a single server.  I successfully cloned the ORACLE_HOME, and created a database instance extdev02 in the new home, copying it from extdev01 in the old home.

I am also upgrading ORDS to version 17.4.1.353.06.48.

When I set up the second home, I set up a new listener, LISTENER_EXTDEV02 on port 1523.  I got ORDS configured in a separate directory from the original.

Back to the first Oracle home:  I dropped in the new ords.war file into the original ORDS directory, ran . oraenv to point to instance extdev01 in old home, verified paths, and did

java -jar ords.war    

STDOUT:   
      Verify ORDS schema in Database Configuration apex with connection host: localhost port: 1521 service name: extdev01 
      Verify ORDS schema in Database Configuration extdev02 with connection host: localhost port: 1523 service name: extdev02   

STDERR,   first part: 
      Jan 31, 2018 5:10:19 PM oracle.dbtools.rt.config.setup.SchemaSetup getInstallOrUpgrade 
      WARNING: Failed to connect to user ORDS_PUBLIC_USER jdbc:oracle:thin:@//localhost:1521/extdev01 
      ORA-28000: the account is locked Jan 31, 2018 5:10:19 PM oracle.dbtools.rt.config.setup.SchemaSetup getInstallOrUpgrade 
      WARNING: Failed to connect to user ORDS_PUBLIC_USER jdbc:oracle:thin:@//localhost:1523/extdev02 
      Listener refused the connection with the following error: ORA-12514, TNS:listener does not currently know of service requested in connect descriptor

I fixed the account lock, and I was able to restart ORDS for extdev01, but I am getting a

There is a problem with your environment because the Application Express files are not up-to-date!

message when accessing APEX application express, but not when accessing my APEX application.

What appears to be happening is if I start ORDS in the old ORDS home directory using the old ORACLE_HOME it is still looking at the configuration files in my new ORDS home directory!

When I set oraenv to old home, and try to run

java -jar ords.war setup --configOnly --database extdev01

it is creating/updating the ORDS config files in the new directory.

• 1. Re: ORDS - old ORACLE_SID being used
          MarkStewart

Solved the problem.  When I set up the new directory structure for ORDS for the new ORACLE_HOME, I took a shortcut and did not unzip the ORDS zip file in the new directory; I just copied over the configuration files; and when I installed ORDS it created the configuration files in a different directory than what I expected; the prompt for

Enter the location to store configuration data:

was misleading to me; and so that is how my wires got crossed and it seemed that old values were being used.

So solution was to not take short-cuts and unzip the full ORDS installation zip file in your target directory and proceed with the installation.