in latest VNC its available
check with you vnc
- Click the VNC Viewer File Transfer toolbar button. The File Transfer dialog opens:
- Click the Send files button. The Send Files dialog opens.
- Select a file or folder. To select multiple files and/or folders, hold down the SHIFT key. ...
- Click Open (OK under Linux).
You can use sftp command to transfer the file -
1. sftp applmgr@<servername>
2. cd /<dir path on the server>
3. put <file name>
Also if its a development instance - as a standard practice you can share applmgr user password to the Dev team.
And its if higher instance this task should be with DBA team.
Can you do sftp to the server ?
You mean sftp from windows to linux? I can not because I need to input a security key.
All connection coming from Windows like putty, or winscp needs security key. (except VNC)
Yes, you can create that and give the input to putty.
Again can you check using sftp command and pass applmgr password ?
What VNC client are you using on your windows? If it is not the basic viewer, then you can transfer using the VNC build-in file transfer feature, see this for more details: https://www.realvnc.com/en/connect/docs/file-transfer.html
You're logged in as root - you can do whatever you want!
Yeah I am logged in as root in Vnc, but I do not know a linux command to connect to windows pc and extract a file
Hello JC, Please follow the instruction given by @Handat.