5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 11, 2018 9:04 AM by Sankara Krishnan Shrinivasan

I want to send Form Submitter a different email based on their location

How do I do this? Say I want to send someone who submits a form from USA, Canada, Mexico one "thank you for your submission" email and I want to send a different one to those from the rest of the world. How do I do this?

Edit: I have looked at the processing steps to send the email based on the country, but beyond this I don't know how to go about selecting the criteria that I want to send a specific email (i.e. send this email if you are from US, Canada, Mexico and then send another email if from rest of the world)

eloqua.png

• 1. Re: I want to send Form Submitter a different email based on their location
          Sankara Krishnan Shrinivasan

Hi 3673116,

When you have different email assets kept ready to be sent to the contacts as per their country, note down their corresponding IDs. ID of an email asset can be found in the URL as follows - Navigate to the email you want to send for example let's have Email1 for United States and Email2 for Canada. Navigate to the Email1 asset in Eloqua and note down the ID - https://secure.p03.eloqua.com/Main.aspx#emails&id=116

Here 116 is the ID that needs to be noted down. Do the same thing for all the other email assets.

Go to Settings-> Database setup->Manage picklists

Create a new picklist mentioning the country names in the option name and IDs of the respective mails you need to send on option values as shown below -

Now in the form processing step, select the name of the picklist you have created in the 'Use a lookup table' dropdown.

You are good to go!

Hope this helps!

Note: If you need to send the same email for US, Canada and Mexico, and a different mail for rest of the world, simply make the 'Send Submitter an Email' step conditional and include the form country field conditions over there, selecting 'Always send the same email'. Repeat this conditional step for rest of the world. The steps described above is applicable when you have multiple emails to be sent as per country field conditions.

Thanks,

Sankara

• 2. Re: I want to send Form Submitter a different email based on their location

Thank you so much - I will give this a try when I am back in the office!

• 3. Re: I want to send Form Submitter a different email based on their location
              katie.tomlin

The other way you can do this is to use the form processing steps to 'add to campaign'.  Create the campaign using the 'compare contact record' choice, and if the country field equals mexico- send them the email for Mexico. If the country field equals US, send them the US version, etc.

• 4. Re: I want to send Form Submitter a different email based on their location

Hi Sankara,

Thanks again for your response. I have done as you suggested - however, when testing this I got 4 "Send submitter a email" emails (all of them for the North American audience) after submitting the form. I created the picklist as shown below

picklist.png

Then I created the rules for sending submitter an email:

send submitter a email.png

How does Eloqua know which email to send. I have selected the "Country email" lookup table, but it doesn't seem to be marrying up correctly.

Also - I wasn't too sure what you meant by the bit in bold of your response.

What am I doing wrong?

Apologies - I'm still a relative novice to Eloqua so trying to get the hang of it still!

Thanks again

• 5. Re: I want to send Form Submitter a different email based on their location
                  Sankara Krishnan Shrinivasan

Hi 3673116,

From my understanding of your reply, you just have 4 emails - 928 for USA, 929 for Canada, 930 for Mexico and 924 for all other countries.

The steps which I had described with screenshots will be applicable when you have multiple country-specific emails to be sent to your customers.

For example

Email1-USA, Email2-Mexico, Email3-Canada, Email4-Brazil, Email5-Argentina, Email6-UK... and so on.....

You have repeated the conditional step 'thrice' which is going wrong. In this case, don't go with the picklist.

Now you have 2 options - Go with the either one of the options

Option 1 - Since you are updating contact information with form data, as katie.tomlin said. Don't use 'Send submitter an email' step in the form.

Create a campaign and activate it. This will look like -

In the form processing step, use 'Add to campaign' choosing the step 'Country is USA?'. Mention the name of the campaign you've just created on the form processing step.

Option 2 - Make 4 conditional steps in the form processing step, don't use picklist to send email -

Conditions will look like this for 'rest of the world'

Conditions of USA/Canada/Mexico will look like this -

Follow whichever option is easy to you, but don't go with picklist for your requirement.

Thanks,

Sankara