5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 12, 2018 12:00 PM by Eric Z-Oracle

Clone to fresh server

Hi

I have EBS R12.1.1 with DB 11.2.0.3 running in windows server.

Now I want to clone the instance to another fresh server. Please provide supporting documents for the same specially for windows server.

Cloning document/OS pre-requisites/required applications to install / MSK tool kit/ etc....

• 1. Re: Clone to fresh server
          Eric Z-Oracle

Hi,

For target OS preparation, refer to

Oracle E-Business Suite Installation and Upgrade Notes Release 12 (12.2) for Microsoft Windows x64 (64-bit)(Doc ID 1330706.1)

How To Generate HCVE Report - Step By Step Instructions(Doc ID 2324096.1)

For cloning steps,

Cloning Oracle Applications Release 12 with Rapid Clone(Doc ID 406982.1)

Hope it helps!

Cheers!

Eric

• 2. Re: Clone to fresh server

Thanks for the update.

My EBS version is R12.1.3, not R12.2, please share note id related to R12.1

Any special consideration need for Windows platform while cloning? hv done cloning in Linux envs

• 3. Re: Clone to fresh server
              Eric Z-Oracle

Hi,

Sorry, I was replying on mobile phone and it was not convenient at all

Since Rapid Install only supports EBS 12.1.1 on Windows 32-bit, hence we only have 32-bit installation and upgrade notes, plus a 64-bit migration note which is

Migrating Oracle E-Business Suite R12 to Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 or 2012 R2 (Doc ID 1188535.1)

But don't worry, the RDA Health Check utility will do the job in an easier way, it can extract and validate all the OS level configurations and packages for an EBS installation.

If your source and target OS are exactly the same, you don't even have to run RDA or reviewing the notes.

If your source and target are different, for example, Windows to Linux, then you will have to review the following note, because you will have different binaries and libraries due to platform variances.

r11i / R12: Oracle E-Business Suite Upgrades and Platform Migration(Doc ID 1377213.1)

More for your reference, when you are searching an IUN (short for Installation and Upgrade Notes) on MOS, you should search in the way like this:

<EBS Release> Installation and Upgrade Notes <Platform>

Such as => R12 Installation and Upgrade Notes Windows

Let me know if you need any further clarifications.

Cheers!

Eric

• 4. Re: Clone to fresh server

Thanks for the update Eric,

In my case, both source and target are same OS and just want to migrate from one server to another ( both DB and Apps in one server) . My main concern on OS pre-requites and adcfgclone.pl will support?

High level steps as per my understanding and correct / add me if anything missed.

1- Pre-clone on PROD server

Apply the latest AD patch, Apply the latest AutoConfig template patch,Apply the latest Rapid Clone patches,Run AutoConfig on the application tiers,Synchronize and AutoConfig on the database tier, Maintain Snapshot Information, Pre-clone on both DB and Apps

2- Prepare new Server with same OS version

3- Install For Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 and Visual C++ 2008 Express

4- Install MKS Toolkit (Version 9.4, 9.5, 10.0 or later)

5- GNU Make (Shareware)

6- Copy the required files from PROD server (db, apps)

7- adcfgclone.pl for DB and Apps tier (As Administrator)

8- Post steps of clone

• 5. Re: Clone to fresh server
                  Eric Z-Oracle

Hi,

You are correct!

For the preparation on target OS, just follow the Requirements section in Note 1188535.1 if it's 64-bit Windows Server, which you have already reviewed, that's good.

More tips on the RDA, for a Unix based system, it can be very comprehensive and powerful as it provides all the rulesets for verification, which would save you a lot of effort.

But on Windows platforms, only database rulesets are available, so the same preparation job can be a little bit annoying because you will have to review the IUN.

Since you already have a production instance running on Windows Server, it shouldn't be a problem at all!

Good luck!

Cheers!

Eric