3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 13, 2018 3:24 PM by thatJeffSmith-Oracle

Is duplicate characters bug came back in 17.4.1 version of SQL Developer?

Blue Bird

Two versions back in SQL Developer was problem when I try to add new record over Data tab and Insert Button that two same chars appeared instead of one and it was confirmed as bug. Then this was fixed and and now look like came back again in version 17.4.1.054.0712? Any one else can confirm this false behaviour? Is that added intentionaly, so we go to new version again, because I don't understand why would you broke code which doesn't have any new enhancements?

BB

• 1. Re: Is duplicate characters bug came back in 17.4.1 version of SQL Developer?
          thatJeffSmith-Oracle

I'm in version 18.1, and I don't see this behavior.

17.4 and 17.4.1 only saw one change, support for Redshift Migrations to our new DW Cloud Service. Although possible, very unlikely we had that regression from 17.4 to 17.4.1

• 2. Re: Is duplicate characters bug came back in 17.4.1 version of SQL Developer?
            Blue Bird

... and I didn't see that new one is out. I checked few days back (it was sure after 5th of April) and there wasn't any newer build yet. I downloaded now 18.1.0 and this look like Ok.

I also noticed also two things which restore to default everytime I upgrade to newer version:

1. Indent spaces (Tools > Preferences > Format) is not migrated to new version, even If I always choose upgrade my current settings.  For example I have set mine to 2 and when I upgrade is again back to 4.

2. Same is with Identifier case and Keywords case. I select for both Keep unchanged and this settings are lost after importing settings to newer version.

And when we are already online: I defined some code templates (Tools > Preferences > Database > SQL Editor Code Templates) and when I insert my template my casing is lost, even if I change both Identifier case and Keywords case to Keep unchanged. Where and what I have to set that my case formatting will remain intact?

For example I defined code template like: DBMS_OutPut.Put_Line('[Text]');, but I get after insert this: Dbms_Output.Put_Line('Text');. Is this a bug or do I have to set some other settings too?

Thanks for your replies,

BB

• 3. Re: Is duplicate characters bug came back in 17.4.1 version of SQL Developer?
              thatJeffSmith-Oracle

please start new threads to address new issues - if i see your question is 'answered' i'm not likely to pursue further