2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 15, 2018 9:57 AM by VishnuVinnakota

ASCP platform migration

R12.2

We are planning a platform migration from AIX to Linux for our EBS R12.2.5 installation.  Just found out we also have ASCP installed in a separate DB and Application Tier.

My question is what is the best option for a platform migration?  EBS side has documented steps on how to do this.  I could not find comparable documentation for ASCP.

The new platform will be running RAC.  So, I was planning on installing the DB on the new RAC instance in it's own DB.  Not sure how to handle the application tier.  Can it/should it be installed with the EBS application tier?  Keep it separate?  What is best practice for migration and installation since we are moving to all new hardware?

Thank you    

• 1. Re: ASCP platform migration
          Mohammed Ali A. Syed

Hi,

The best is to keep it separate if you can afford servers.

For application you can follow the document.

Application Tier Platform Migration with Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2 (Doc ID 2048954.1)

Thanks

• 2. Re: ASCP platform migration
            VishnuVinnakota

Hi,

You need to follow the same process for the ASCP migration as well as this is nothing but the EBS module. ASCP/VCP since is a module, the same document applies:

Application Tier Platform Migration with Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2 (Doc ID 2048954.1)

So you basically have the Source and Destination in different installations for VCP. Recommend you to apply latest patches always after migration.

If the answer is helpful or correct please mark them.

Thanks,

Vishnu