1 2 3 Previous Next 31 Replies Latest reply on Nov 21, 2018 1:10 PM by Chitrasai1-Oracle

Welcome to WIT group

Chitrasai1-Oracle

Hi everyone!

Welcome to the Women in Technology group! Joining a new community can be a bit nerve-wracking, like walking into a big party where you don't know anyone. Well, no worries, this party is very welcoming and we're really excited to have you here! Please comment and tell us a little about yourself:

1. Where are you located?
      2. What kind of work/study are you currently doing?
      3. Do you attend any local developer meetups or events?
      4. What are you hoping to get out of this group?

Please give a warm, WIT welcome to our new users

Octani

user5523389

PattieK

Shilpi Chandra -Oracle

MarinaGreen

floo_bar

Tamistc

user5153832

Brook PMP Wheel-Oracle

NSquare

• 1. Re: Welcome to WIT group
          Alexis Brown-Oracle

Hi Chitrasai-Oracle,

Thank you for the warm welcome! Excited to be a part of this group .

• I am located in Colorado, at the Broomfield campus.
            • I am fairly new to Oracle, so I have not yet had the opportunity to attend any events except for the OWL Women's International Day conference. Hoping to learn more about other opportunities at or near our campus!
            • Looking forward to meeting more female leaders and peers, interested in more information about workshop and meetup opportunities, and to learn more about what others are working on at Oracle!

Thanks!

Alexis

• 2. Re: Welcome to WIT group
            Roma Claudia

Hi Chitrasai1-Oracle! Thank you for the welcome .

1. Where are you located? I"m in the Philippines.

2. What kind of work/study are you currently doing? I'm supporting our company's Oracle EAM module: first-level support to planners and other EAM users, extracting data, and creating sql reports for the Maintenance group.

3. Do you attend any local developer meetups or events? I wish I am attending such but there's none in our country.

• 3. Re: Welcome to WIT group
              Chitrasai1-Oracle

Hi Alexis Brown-Oracle

Welcome again!!!Glad you joined us.Hoping to see your participation more in WIT group

• 4. Re: Welcome to WIT group
                Chitrasai1-Oracle

Hi Roma Claudia

Welcome again!!Thank you for letting us know about yourself.

We are organizing Oracle code events all around the world.Please Check out this link  https://developer.oracle.com/code  to find if it is somewhere nearby for you.

Thanks

Chitra

• 5. Re: Welcome to WIT group
                  floo_bar

Hi everyone !

I am glad I found this WIT group :-)

• Where are you located?

I am located in Lausanne, Switzerland.

• What kind of work/study are you currently doing?

I am currently an Oracle Database Administrator.

• Do you attend any local developer meetups or events?

I attend local meetups and events, of course Oracle-related events like those held by Swiss Oracle User Group, but many women-in-tech meetups too. I am also co-organizer of https://geekgirlscarrots.org/ chapter in Geneva.

• What are you hoping to get out of this group?

I would like to meet women interested in technology in general, learn more about what they do and be informed of opportunities.

Thank you :-)

Floo_bar

• 6. Re: Welcome to WIT group
                    NSquare

Hi everyone.

• Where are you located?

I am located in Houston, Texas.

I am currently working as a Sr Solution Architect and work in Oracle EPM group at Perficient.

I haven't attended any local developer meetups or events so far. But would love to do so.

I am hoping to gain visibility and access into the Oracle IT world and meet like minded people. Excited to be part of this group

• 7. Re: Welcome to WIT group
                      Octani

Hello everyone,

1. Where are you located? I am located in Dominican Republic

2. What kind of work/study are you currently doing? I am currently working as a consultant of peoplesoft HCM, I study a bachelor degree in Informatic

3. Do you attend any local developer meetups or events? I have not attended any local developer meetups but I would like to

4. What are you hoping to get out of this group? I am hoping to share and get new knowledge, I am Happy to be part of this group 

• 8. Re: Welcome to WIT group
                        Shilpi Chandra -Oracle

Hello,

Thank you for the warm welcome. I liked the simile of your starting sentence  "big party where you don't know anyone" and of-course that's the most suitable simile here.

Here is my brief description:

1. Where are you located? - Bangalore, India

2. What kind of work/study are you currently doing? - I am working as a Support Engineer for Acme/Oracle products.

3. Do you attend any local developer meetups or events? - I wanted to but could not got a chance. Wondering has this question any relation with this group.

4. What are you hoping to get out of this group? - To learn from the inspiring women leaders and get the strength to follow the path they went through to become leaders.

Regards,

Shilpi

• 9. Re: Welcome to WIT group
                          Anju Garg

Thanks Chitra sai for the warm welcome!

• Where are you located?

I am located in Delhi NCR, India.

I am an oracle Ace and currently working as an independent database consultant, corporate trainer, blogger, author, technical reviewer and speaker.

I have attended various all India  oracle user group meets i.e. sangam, otnyathra and tech days. I also attended oracle open world held in New Delhi in 2017. I have also presented during various AIOug events.

I am hoping to gain visibility and meet like minded people.

Regards

Anju Garg

• 10. Re: Welcome to WIT group
                            SevnurMalik-Oracle

1. Where are you located? Istanbul, Turkey

2. What kind of work/study are you currently doing? Customer Success Manager for DMP in EMEA region

3. Do you attend any local developer meetups or events? Yes I am a co-organizer of Women Techmakers Istanbul Group and attending GDG meetups & events as well as speaker, organizer etc.

4. What are you hoping to get out of this group? Networking, share knowledge and learning from others, finding speaking oppotunities and visibility...

• 12. Re: Welcome to WIT group
                              Chitrasai1-Oracle

Hi all,

This is where we welcome new members , into our community, and make everyone feel right at home.

Please help me in welcoming our new members for WIT

phionah

Melody S

Leila Calo-Oracle

Amanda H

Lenore Siegler-Oracle

AnSoOften

Melissa McConnell-Oracle

liv3010m

4666e5b0-d8fe-4777-be13-d84edfe3a0e0

So as you're new here, please comment below and say hi! You can introduce yourselves by sharing

• 13. Re: Welcome to WIT group
                                Octani

Welcome to this community

• 14. Re: Welcome to WIT group
                                  Amanda H

Hi,

Chitrasai1-Oracle

Thanks for the welcome to this group!

So, to introduce myself :

• I am located in the UK, I work from home as well as visiting the various company offices around the UK.  I work on the eBusiness Suite, R12, and have a good working knowledge of the following modules : Purchasing, iProcurement, Inventory, Order Management.  I am currently increasing my knowledge of ASCP and Demantra, to support our Demand Planning teams.
                                  • At the moment, I am working on a R12.2.5 implementation, supporting the business in design, build, test and deployment.
                                  • I don't attend any local meetups or groups - I'm not sure where to find out about them so maybe some help in that direction would be good!  I have attended UKOUG and HEUG conferences in previous roles.
                                  • I'm hoping to be able to learn from, and share knowledge with, other women working in the IT community.

Amanda.

1 2 3 Previous Next