do you have a package you can share that we can test with?
The packages I frequently use are on the remote Oracle server and have a load of dependencies (tables, other package code, as far as data drawn in over database links ), so I'm not sure how I'll go about sharing that. I've had my local client completely rebuilt at the OS level, I did have an Oracle Express instance on there which is now gone.
I've installed 4.2.0 with bundled JDK and the only thing coming across are the imported passwords.
Incredibly, the same thing is happening again, after another rebuild, reinstall. The process is running away again. Other team members aren't seeing the problem.
It's (sqldeveloper64W.exe) doing nothing, not refreshing properly and burning through 90+% of processing time. I've just opened the package and not even edited it.
>>Other team members aren't seeing the problem.
Compare your preferences to theirs.
Or start over - nuke your system4.2 directory under AppData, Roaming Profiles, and start SQLDev again. This will give you fresh install. You might want to save your connections first.
I've resolved it now, I've deleted the user settings files/folders and been through and switched off everything I could find in the settings/preferences.
Not seeing the issue now, many thanks for your help.
Then please mark the thread ANSWERED.
Just FYI, a search of the forum would've revealed that this has been asked many times before, and there are several things you can try to resolve it if it returns again.
At the moment on 18.1 I am NOT having the problem, but it happened on all the 17.x versions.