2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 24, 2018 8:32 PM by Brad Peek

How to troubleshoot? -- SQL Worksheet does not open

Brad Peek

I have SQL Dev 18.1 installed on several Windows boxes, but on one of them I am not able to open a new SQL Worksheet for any connection.   It worked previously on this same box and SQL Dev version.

In the Logging Pane, whenever I attempt to open a new SQL Worksheet I see a new log entry:

Level=Severe   

Source=oracle.dbtools.worksheet.editor.OpenWorksheetWizard

Message=null at oracle.dbtools.worksheet.editor.OpenWorksheetWizard.openNewTempWorksheet(OpenWorksheetWizard.java:526)

This happens regardless of how I try and open the worksheet ( Right-Click from Navigator;  SQL Worksheet drop down selector  ; Open report in SQL Worksheet).

I haven't noticed other issues. I am able to open new connections and run reports and bring up object editor tabs, etc...

Windows Server 2008 is the O/S.    This particular server is a shared VM "Jump Box" that several people RDP into so rebooting isn't an option for now.

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this issue?     I haven't tried to re-install SQL Dev and would like to use this as an opportunity to learn a little about general troubleshooting approaches for SQL Dev

P.S.  Yes, I did search but didn't find this issue already posted.