7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 8, 2018 12:42 PM by clcarter

ORA-12560: TNS:Protocol adapter error  - After upgraded to Windows 10 Pro (32 Bit)

Hi everyone,

Background

The user computers are running Windows 7 Pro (32 Bit) with installed Oracle 8i Client and configured to the application that using Oracle database server.

All just running fine.

After we have upgraded user computers to Windows 10 Pro (32 bit), After we have open our application and trying to connect to the database server, it pop-up an error message.

"Connection with Oracle Error,  ORA-12560: TNS: Protocal adapter error"  computers are no longer connects to database server.

Review the configuration in Oracle Client (Net8 Assistant), it show configuration are still correct, and the oracle configure files under C:\oracle\ora81\network\ADMIN are still there.

Network connection between the client and the database server are no problem but failed to connect the database, seems something go wrong on local client computers.

Do you got any idea about this ?

Did the issue related to the Oracle 8i Client or the Oracle ODBC Driver ?

Oracle document stated that Oracle Client 12 was added to support Win10 32Bit, so is it about the 8i Client was too old ? 

The Oracle ODBC Driver currently installed was version 8.01.07.00 ?

This bring my big big trouble during for few days, and no solution can be found about this, hopes someone professional in Oracle can give some idea.

Thank you !

Thanks,

CH