9 Replies Latest reply on May 17, 2018 2:30 PM by Hilary Farrell-Oracle

Flashcharts in Apex 5.1.4.00.8

Pam

I am upgrading to Apex 5.1.4.00.8.  My database version is 12.1.0.2.0.  One of the known issues is that Flash Charts do not display properly. So Installed the AnyChart Content in my instance and copied the flashchart images to my image directory. I got one of my charts to kind of work correctly besides the Y axis label should be YYMM and it is putting a comma YY,MM. How do I remove the comma? The X axis label is 0,5,10,15,20 and I want it to be 0,10,20. Where do I change that? My second chart seems to be timing out it will run and then stop and say there is no data but there is data. So could it be timing out? Where would I change that?  I would appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Pam

• 1. Re: Flashcharts in Apex 5.1.4.00.8
          Alli Pierre Yotti

Hi,

i suggest you to use Oracle jet chart, or migrate your anychart to oracle jet chart.

- Migrate anychart to oracle jet chart

https://apex.oracle.com/pls/apex/germancommunities/apexcommunity/tipp/5841/index-en.html

- You can install the sample chart app um die nice oracle jet chat zu testen

https://apex.oracle.com/pls/apex/f?p=61549:1

• 2. Re: Flashcharts in Apex 5.1.4.00.8
            Pam

I tried to migrate my chart to Upgrade AnyChart Charts to Oracle Jet Charts and I get an error

Unable to upgrade selected Object(s). ORA-20001: Upgrade AnyChart Charts to Oracle JET Charts error: Page: 110, Region: Chart. ORA-01722: invalid number.

Do you know what caused the error?

Thanks,

Pam

• 3. Re: Flashcharts in Apex 5.1.4.00.8
              Alli Pierre Yotti

I can’t know if you don’t show the code or the page. We can’t debug what we don’t see.

you can try to recre the chart or see your code what is the issue

• 4. Re: Flashcharts in Apex 5.1.4.00.8
                Pam

I have two series in my chart.

Code for series one

select null link, eff_pvperiod label, count(eff_pvperiod) "All Distributors",

(select count(eff_pvperiod) from wd_rank wd2 where wd.eff_pvperiod = wd2.eff_pvperiod and 

rank = 1 and trim(adv_reason) <> 'NEW CUSTOMER' and rcn in (select rcn from cd_customer where physical_lbound between

(select physical_lbound from cd_customer where rcn = :APP_USER)

and (select physical_rbound from cd_customer where rcn = :APP_USER)

and status = 'D' and physical_level between (select physical_level + 1 from cd_customer where rcn = :APP_USER) and

(select physical_level + 6 from cd_customer where rcn = :APP_USER))

and eff_pvperiod <= (select current_period from cd_parameters)

group by eff_pvperiod) "Distributors - 5 Levels"

from wd_rank wd where

rank = 1 and trim(adv_reason) <> 'NEW CUSTOMER' and rcn in (select rcn from cd_customer where physical_lbound between (select physical_lbound from cd_customer where rcn = :APP_USER)

and (select physical_rbound from cd_customer where rcn = :APP_USER) and status = 'D')

and eff_pvperiod <= (select CURRENT_PERIOD from cd_parameters)

and eff_pvperiod >=

(SELECT to_number(to_char(ADD_MONTHS(SYSDATE, -14), 'YYYYMM')) PV15 FROM DUAL)

group by eff_pvperiod order by eff_pvperiod asc

code for series two

select null link, eff_pvperiod label, count(eff_pvperiod) "All Masters",

(select count(eff_pvperiod) from wd_rank wd2 where wd.eff_pvperiod = wd2.eff_pvperiod and

rank = 6 and rcn in (select rcn from cd_customer where physical_lbound between

(select physical_lbound from cd_customer where rcn = :APP_USER)

and (select physical_rbound from cd_customer where rcn = :APP_USER)

and status = 'D' and physical_level between (select physical_level + 1 from cd_customer where rcn = :APP_USER ) and

(select physical_level + 6 from cd_customer where rcn = :APP_USER))

and eff_pvperiod <= (select current_period from cd_parameters)

group by eff_pvperiod ) "Masters – 5 Levels"

from wd_rank wd where

rank = 6 and rcn in (select rcn from cd_customer where physical_lbound between (select physical_lbound from cd_customer where rcn = :APP_USER)

and (select physical_rbound from cd_customer where rcn = :APP_USER)and status = 'D')

and eff_pvperiod <= (select CURRENT_PERIOD from cd_parameters)

and eff_pvperiod >= (SELECT to_number(to_char(ADD_MONTHS(SYSDATE, -14), 'YYYYMM')) PV15 FROM DUAL)

group by eff_pvperiod order by eff_pvperiod asc

• 5. Re: Flashcharts in Apex 5.1.4.00.8
                  Hilary Farrell-Oracle

Hi Pam,

Could you create a test case on apex.oracle.com, to assist in investigating your query further.  Based on your series query, I'm trying to guess what data types the columns in use are.  So to avoid incorrect guessing, a test case would be really helpful.  You mention that you're upgrading - what version of APEX are you upgrading from?

In relation to switching to JET Charts - if the Upgrade Application wizard option isn't working for you (and again, I'd need access to your testcase in order to investigate that further), then you can simply use Page Designer to switch the region type from legacy AnyChart Charts to the new JET 'Chart' region type - just ensure you copy the series queries first, as they will be lost when you change the region type.  Upon changing the region type, create your series for the new JET Chart and define the necessary column mappings for the chart LABEL and VALUE columns.

Regards,

Hilary

• 6. Re: Flashcharts in Apex 5.1.4.00.8
                    Pam

We are upgrading from 4.1.1.00.23.

• 7. Re: Flashcharts in Apex 5.1.4.00.8
                      Hilary Farrell-Oracle

Thanks Pam,

Will you be able to set up a testcase on apex.oracle.com, to allow further investigation - if you haven't been able to successfully switch the charts to JET via Page Designer?

Regards,

Hilary

• 8. Re: Flashcharts in Apex 5.1.4.00.8
                        Pam

I have not been able to switch the charts to Jet. I have set up a test case.   I have created the tables in the work space. There is no data in them it would be to hard to set up a test case unless I can import the tables. The version you are on is 18.1.00.45 the version we are on is 5.1.4.00.8. You can try to upgrade chart but it may work because the versions are different.

workspace is bonus_work_area 

username 20728001

password testdata

application 159501

page 2  is the chart

use username 20728001

password testdata.

• 9. Re: Flashcharts in Apex 5.1.4.00.8
                          Hilary Farrell-Oracle

Thanks Pam,

As you've got an open SR for this issue, lets keep updates via that channel, please.  Norma has already been in touch with me about this SR.

Regards,

Hilary