2 Replies Latest reply on May 18, 2018 8:34 AM by shaneadams

Difference between a disabled and a hidden UI element

shaneadams

Hi,

Forgive me if this is a basic question, but I'm struggling to understand the difference between the two Conditional Presentation options. Specifically I'm wondering if disabling a UI element has any impact on any rules its associated node is part of.

Any help is appreciated!

Shane

• 1. Re: Difference between a disabled and a hidden UI element
          JasonBatzlaff

No, there should not be any impact on a nodes associated rules if you disable the ui element.  The UI display conditions and disable conditions only affect the visual attributes of the element they are applied to.  For example, you can have a disable condition on a drop down for an option feature.  Suppose the condition evaluated to true so the drop down is readonly.  You cannot manually select any options in that drop down control.  However you can have other options and rules that make a a selection in the disabled drop down control. If another option forces a selection, the read only drop down will be updated to reflect the new status of the feature.

thanks,

jason

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Difference between a disabled and a hidden UI element
            shaneadams

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the answer, I think I get it. So, to clarify: a disabled UI element is visible but unselectable, where a hidden element is simply hidden. Appreciate the answer Jason, have a great day!

Shane