0 Replies Latest reply on May 18, 2018 5:00 PM by Geoff Winkworth

Mapviewer Issues Following Upgrade to 12.2.1.4

Geoff Winkworth

I recently upgraded my OBIEE 12.2.1.3 installation to 12.2.1.4.  I followed the instructions in the references noted below:

OBIEE 12.2.1.4.0 is available

Upgrading Oracle Business Intelligence from a Previous 12c Release

OBIEE 12c: Quick Reference for Oracle Buisiness Intelligence Enterprise 12c Upgrade From 12.2.1 to 12.2.1.x (Doc ID 2153433.1)

Nowhere did it say anything special about the mapviewer component - other than the obligatory 'backup, upgrade, restore.'

When I fired up my new 12.2.1.4 installation, the mapviewer deployment was stopped.  I logged into the EM console and tried starting the deployment manually only to receive a message telling me the mapviewer.ear file could not be located at /obiee12214/oracle_common/modules/oracle.mapviewer.

I went to the server and did a locate on mapviewer.ear...

/obiee12211/oracle_common/modules/oracle.mapviewer - check

/obiee12212/oracle_common/modules/oracle.mapviewer - check

/obiee12213/oracle_common/modules/oracle.mapviewer - check

/obiee12214/oracle_common/modules/oracle.mapviewer - FAIL

/obiee12214/oracle_common/modules/oracle.mapviewer.bi - check - NEW LOCATION!

This is the SECOND time we've had functionality break after an upgrade; the last had to do with the uploadrpd/downloadrpd utility.

I know asking Oracle to keep these pesky details in mind when rolling out updates is pointless so I will simply post and hope my findings help somebody.