5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 24, 2018 6:56 AM by Paavo

SQL Developer 18 - how to save to a network Drive

user7223399

I have created a script in a worksheet and am now trying to save the script.  It seems that I can only save to my C drive.  How do I save the script to a network drive?

Thanks.

Kevin

• 1. Re: SQL Developer 18 - how to save to a network Drive
          Glen Conway

In a Windows 10 environment I have my Dropbox mapped as the Z-drive using ExpanDrive.  Then I just File -> Save to save the worksheet:

CaptureX.jpg 

• 2. Re: SQL Developer 18 - how to save to a network Drive
            Gaz in Oz

You can type a query in SQL Worksheet and File -> Save -> and click on the Locations: drop-down:

tns is a samba drive on a linux machine mapped to X: (using windows "net use x: \\..." for example.

• 3. Re: SQL Developer 18 - how to save to a network Drive
              user7223399

OK.  That was weird.  For some reason the network drives were not showing in the dropdown.  Tried today and they are there.  I will chalk it up to a network glitch on my side.  Thanks for the comments.

• 4. Re: SQL Developer 18 - how to save to a network Drive
                clydeviernes

i have version 3.2.20.10 installed recently and noticed that network drives no longer show up in the file open command chain.  I went over some older threads and there was mention of the following:

1. Run as administrator - done that
                2. set via via tools->preferences->utilities->export : Save as.  The browse button here includes mapped network drives
                3. set via via tools->preferences->utilities->export : Default Import Directory.  The browse button here includes mapped network drives
                4. also set via tools->preferences->worksheet : Select default path to look for scripts.  The browse button here includes mapped network drives

After all that, file->open now started to show all drives.

• 5. Re: SQL Developer 18 - how to save to a network Drive
                  Paavo

FYI: I need to open on Windows file explorer and refresh views on the network drives which drop and are no more connected for e.g. due bad connection.

Otherwise those drives are no more listed in the Sqldevelopers Open dialog. And I have all those drives mapped with drive letters.

I have noticed that sometimes clicking the worksheet for a file which resides on network-drive, the worksheet window silently dies.

Not sure if this applies for newer versions of sqldev ll because I have moved to use subversion as version control to get rid off about all 'drive' issues. I recommend you to investigate the potential of using version control (subversion). For subversion features it is mandatory to use the correct jdk version mentioned in the install/release etc. docs. E.g. for 18.2 I use:

rgrds Paavo