10 Replies Latest reply on Jul 5, 2018 6:54 AM by kempiak

[BUG] IR filtering on numerical columns gives ORA-06502

kempiak

Hi the APEX masters,

I struggle for a while to solve the problem with IR numeric column filtering on APEX 18.1.

I have interactive report where one of the columns has numerical values. As I would like to display numbers accordingly to the Polish formatting standards (comma as the decimal separator) I set the Primary Language to Polish (pl) and Application Language Derived from Application Primary Language. This gives me very good rendering results but now the tricky part comes. When I click on the header of the column standard filter is being displayed allowing me to choose one of the distinct values found on the column. When I choose one I receive the message "ORA-06502: PL/SQL: błąd liczby lub wartości: character to number conversion error" and the filter is not applied. Looks like I miss something but I am not able to figure it out.

As the work around of this problem in the security attributes -> Initialization PL/SQL Code I have put the code which alters the session numeric characters NLS_NUMERIC_CHARACTERS = ''. ''. This solves the problem with the filtering but numbers are rendered with period as the decimal separator and this is not what I want. Just to mention I am not allowed to convert my column using to_char. Column in the report has to be based on the original numerical column coming from the database.

I have created demo application on 18.1 - https://apex.oracle.com/pls/apex/f?p=93804:2.

Thanks a lot for your help,

Maciek