2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 13, 2018 8:56 AM by Pavel_p

How to use old themes with 18.1

Pavel_p

Hello,

this is a followup to this Re: How to make things in theme 42 smaller thread. Even if the theme 42 is named "Universal", I don't fully agree as I think it's targeted to all kinds of mobile/tablet things rather than to desktops and its 18.1 incarnation even more than before with its odd item styling. I somehow still haven't found a way to create more complex screens with it as everything is too big and especially there is too much "air" between the lines, items, huge buttons... I don't know why and I have no idea how to port my old apps to it (luckily I don't have to) because simply moderately complex screens, that perfectly fit on a page in older themes, now need constant scrolling, so I used old themes even for new apps as none of my users ever intend to run it on anything else than on a desktop PC with FullHD+ resolution, thus no fancy resizing stuff needed, just a "pixel-perfect" forms targeted to highres devices to show as much info as possible at once without scrolling. I believe that most of internal business-oriented apps have similar requirements and in my opinion for instance ADF applications look out-of-the-box exactly how business apps should look like without any special styling.

It would be great to have at least one such business-oriented UT variation with smaller components and less gaps but we don't, so I would like to at least use old themes (with some limitations of course), however it does not seem possible in 18.1.

Thanks a lot,

Pavel

• 1. Re: How to use old themes with 18.1
          fac586

Pavel_p wrote:

this is a followup to this Re: How to make things in theme 42 smaller thread. Even if the theme 42 is named "Universal", I don't fully agree as I think it's targeted to all kinds of mobile/tablet things rather than to desktops and its 18.1 incarnation even more than before with its odd item styling. I somehow still haven't found a way to create more complex screens with it as everything is too big and especially there is too much "air" between the lines, items, huge buttons... I don't know why and I have no idea how to port my old apps to it (luckily I don't have to) because simply moderately complex screens, that perfectly fit on a page in older themes, now need constant scrolling, so I used old themes even for new apps as none of my users ever intend to run it on anything else than on a desktop PC with FullHD+ resolution, thus no fancy resizing stuff needed, just a "pixel-perfect" forms targeted to highres devices to show as much info as possible at once without scrolling. I believe that most of internal business-oriented apps have similar requirements and in my opinion for instance ADF applications look out-of-the-box exactly how business apps should look like without any special styling.

It would be great to have at least one such business-oriented UT variation with smaller components and less gaps but we don't, so I would like to at least use old themes (with some limitations of course), however it does not seem possible in 18.1.

Log in to the workspace as an administrator and create a workspace theme using one of the legacy themes from an existing application.

You can then select from the workspace themes when creating a new application by clicking the Use Custom Theme button on the Appearance pop-up.

• 2. Re: How to use old themes with 18.1
            Pavel_p

Thank you very much, works like a charm.