3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 12, 2018 5:41 PM by Ryan O. Lee

Unknown Error

Ryan O. Lee

oracle apex version: 5.1.4.00.08

database: Oracle Database 12c

on click of a button i am hiding and showing a region and when i click to hide the region the following error pops up

We're Sorry. An unexpected error has occurred. Please note the following information and contact the help desk:
           Application ID: 4000400
           Page ID: 4
           APEX ERROR CODE: APEX.AJAX_SERVER_ERROR
           ora_sqlcode: -20987
           ora_sqlerrm: ORA-20987: APEX - We're Sorry. An unexpected error has occurred. Please note the following information and contact the help desk:

I searched the error code but couldn't really find any useful information.

My question is what causes this error and what should I look for to fix it?

I know this isn't a lot of information to go off of but I don't know what the source of the error is so i can't put really relevant information up

any help is appreciated.

• 1. Re: Unknown Error
          Mahmoud_Rabie

Could you reproduce it on apex.oracle.com

• 2. Re: Unknown Error
            fac586

Ryan O. Lee wrote:

oracle apex version: 5.1.4.00.08

database: Oracle Database 12c

on click of a button i am hiding and showing a region and when i click to hide the region the following error pops up

We're Sorry. An unexpected error has occurred. Please note the following information and contact the help desk:
            Application ID: 4000400
            Page ID: 4
            APEX ERROR CODE: APEX.AJAX_SERVER_ERROR
            ora_sqlcode: -20987
            ora_sqlerrm: ORA-20987: APEX - We're Sorry. An unexpected error has occurred. Please note the following information and contact the help desk:

I searched the error code but couldn't really find any useful information.

My question is what causes this error and what should I look for to fix it?

I know this isn't a lot of information to go off of but I don't know what the source of the error is so i can't put really relevant information up

any help is appreciated.

This appears to be an application error. Use debug mode to identify where it is occurring.

The nature of the error message also suggests that custom error handling is being used in the application. If you're lucky more information about the error will have been logged somewhere.

By all appearances you should be asking other members of your team (or the suggested help desk) about this rather than posting here as that does not look like standard APEX error reporting, and we have no more idea than you about what is going on behind the scenes.

• 3. Re: Unknown Error
              Ryan O. Lee

I think I may have found it. I have a page item called p4_id that has a session level checksum on it and whenever I hide and show it i think the value is being reset? Do you know anything on why It would do this?