2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 13, 2018 7:16 PM by DSteele41

apex_util.set_session_state

DSteele41

Good Morning Community,

I am looking to Learn How to Use the  the Utility  apex_util.set_session_state  could someone briefly explain how to best utilize it and / or point me to Articles or specific Examples

Thanks in Advance

DSteele41

• 1. Re: apex_util.set_session_state
          fac586

DSteele41 wrote:

I am looking to Learn How to Use the the Utility apex_util.set_session_state could someone briefly explain how to best utilize it and / or point me to Articles or specific Examples

See the documentation. This is a rarely used method (in comparison to bind variable references) of setting values in session state. It’s primarily of use where the item name is derived dynamically, making it impossible to reference it as a bind variable.

There is nothing particularly complex about it, other than the p_commit parameter, which should only be changed from the default true setting when there is a clear requirement to do so.

What use case are you considering?

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: apex_util.set_session_state
            DSteele41

fac586

Thank You for the reply.

Could you Elaborate briefly on bind variable references and the difference of using the apex_util.set_session_state when item can not be derived dynamically.

My use case is mostly in Using Values for Items in setting Conditions for Actions like Dynamic Actions ; Server Side Conditions etc.   I'm learning APEX , PL/SQL and JavaScript on the fly  so My Use case May or May Not be accurate

Thanks Again

DSteele