4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 27, 2018 2:43 PM by RobC4288

Form Notification Email Delays

RobC4288

Hi

I had a form notification come through today at 14:00 of a submission that was submitted at around 9am ... does anyone know why there could be such a delay and how could I change this if I can?

THANKS!!

• 1. Re: Form Notification Email Delays
          Bob at Elemental Marketing

Was the email sent exactly 5 hours after the form was submitted, and does this happen consistently on every form submit? If so it may be something to do with how Eloqua looks at time zones. Form Submission Data and notifications are processed in Eastern Time, but when form submission data is viewed in Eloqua, the submission time will be your Eloqua user's timezone. So if you are -5 hours compared to Eastern Time, that explains why you see the difference. The form may in fact have been submitted at 14:00 your time, but you see it at 9 your time because you are 5 hours behind (or ahead, I always get confused...)

See this post for all the details on how timezones work across Eloqua (and realise how bizarre it is that this is how it works...):

Time Zones Across Eloqua

• 2. Re: Form Notification Email Delays
            RobC4288

Hi Bob,

So the email address that is receiving the form notification isn't in Eloqua, it is a generic email address . Also there is a contact who is not in Eloqua too as a user so it's a bit of a mystery.

• 3. Re: Form Notification Email Delays
              Bob at Elemental Marketing

That doesn't matter for the explanation I gave you :-)

My point is, your email notification may say the form was submitted at 9am, but that could actually be in the timezone of Eloqua's internal clock (UTC-5). So if your timezone is UTC, then translated to your timezone (the one you also see in your inbox as the time you received the email) this would be 14:00. That's why I asked, is it exactly 5 hours difference, and is it happening on every submission or was this a one-time event? If it's the latter, then my explanation probably isn't the answer.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Form Notification Email Delays
                RobC4288

Hi Bob

That makes perfect sense, thank you. So to conclude, it is merely that the clock is set 5 hours behind ( I am in the UK )