0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 14, 2018 10:30 PM by MikePesIT

Workaround for JavaWS JNLP assoc.?

MikePesIT

Hey all,
      I'm working on setting up an automatic upload for some .jpeg files. The upload requires the running of a JNLP file downloaded from an organization website.
      Originally the issue was that the JNLP files were not associating properly (would keep trying to open with wordpad, IE, etc.) Eventually I was able to get the associations setup by running an elevated command and manually changing the association:

>Assoc .jnlp=jnlpfile
      >ftype jnlpfile="C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_171\bin\javaws.exe" -jnlp "%1" %*

I was able to do that from an admin account, but when I attempted it on the other user account, the command failed to make the proper change unless the name was also changed. So, javaws.exe became javaweb.exe and all was well.
      However, now there are myriad unnamed errors that occur when running the JNLP files from the organization website. I am out of ideas and figured I could turn here to see if you all have any ideas. I am relatively novice at scripting Java and so have not attempted to make manual changes to any of the files.
      Not really even sure if this is applicable to this forum but hey, it's worth a shot.
      Thanks in advance for any advice or fixes you can offer.