2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 15, 2018 1:52 PM by Yngvi

Unshared Worksheet is blocking Connection pane

Yngvi

In SQL Developer 18.1, Running a long job in  Unshared Worksheet blocks the "parent" connection branch in the Connection, like it was using the main connection and not a specific connection for that Worksheet. I'm also unable to open new unshared Worksheets while the procedure is running. This used to work quite fine before.

2018-06-15_11-34-44.png

Regards

Yngvi

• 1. Re: Unshared Worksheet is blocking Connection pane
          thatJeffSmith-Oracle

Can you provide a demonstrating scenario?

Unshared Worksheet:

begin

dbms_lock.sleep(50);

end;

/

F5

Click over to main connection:

select 1 from dual;

Runs with no problems.

This was in v18.1

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Unshared Worksheet is blocking Connection pane
            Yngvi

Thank you for a quick answer, it actually helped me to realize that there was an extra condition for this problem I just missed. The primary connection was dead because the computer just came back from sleep or moved between WiFi and ethernet,

So the way to reproduce is like this:

1. Open a connection.
            2. Sabotage network connection somehow, without resetting it in SQL developer
            3. Open a Unshared Worksheet
              1. Execute some long running PL/SQL block 
            4. In primary connection do a simple query, it will tell you it needs to reset the connection. ( I don't remember it informing me before but I might have forgotten about it)

Now the primary connection waits for the unshared connection to finish.

Now when I know the precondition to this problem I should be able to avoid it in the future, so you might not want to spend to much time on it.