3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 3, 2018 7:30 PM by GravyKing

rapid cloning and sec_case_sensitive_logon

GravyKing

EBS R12.1.3 running on Linux RHEL 7 using a 12.1.0.2 database on the db tier and a seperate app tier server.

Here's my scenario:

- clone the database using RMAN

- run @adupdlib.sql so

- run perl adcfgclone.pl dbconfig

- I then find my init parameter files get modified and I seem to loose my sec_case_sensitive_logon=TRUE setting (seems to flip to FALSE)

if I don't specifically take steps to make sure it stick by using an ifile.

Does that make any sense?

Now after the fact I find that one instance is set incorrectly.  For example:

SQL> show parameter case

NAME                                 TYPE        VALUE

------------------------------------ ----------- ------------------------------

sec_case_sensitive_logon             boolean     FALSE

sqlplus apps/mixedcasepassword works <- check

sqlplus apps/anycaseworks <-- not good

If I try and flip it back to sec_case_sensitive_logon=TRUE now apps can't login.  Am I missing something?

Is it in my sqlnet_ifile.ora that needs to be adjusted?

Currently says SQLNET.ALLOWED_LOGON_VERSION_SERVER = 10

On a related note my Prod database does not seem to have 'sec_case_sensitive_logon=TRUE' set anywhere (ie. not in spfile, pfile or ifile) and yet it is set to TRUE.

I think it is in fact a deprecated parameter so how do I remove it yet enable it?

• 1. Re: rapid cloning and sec_case_sensitive_logon
          mdtaylor

The parameter sec_case_sensitive_logon should be set to false.

Database Initialization Parameters for Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 (Doc ID 396009.1)

bde_chk_cbo.sql - EBS initialization parameters - Healthcheck (Doc ID 174605.1)

#########

#

#       Database Passwords - Case Sensitivity (11g feature)

#

#       Database password case sensitivity is a new feature available with 11g database.

#       But as Applications tier do not support case sensitive database passwords, till

#       then this feature cannot be used by default and set to FALSE.

#

#       To Enable/ Disable set SEC_CASE_SENSITIVE_LOGON to TRUE/ FALSE

#

#########

sec_case_sensitive_logon = FALSE

If you want to set it to true, ensure you have followed the steps from the note below:

Patch 12964564:R12.FND.B - Enabling the Oracle Database 11g Case-Sensitive Password Feature for Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1.1+ (Doc ID 1581584.1)

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: rapid cloning and sec_case_sensitive_logon
            GravyKing

I do recall some of the info you provided now that you've highlighted it.  I will refer to it thanks and likely close this post with your correct answer.

• 3. Re: rapid cloning and sec_case_sensitive_logon
              GravyKing

For the record I was able to figure out that after changing to sec_case_sensitive_logon=TRUE that my apps password was in ALL CAPS so just used the all caps version of my password via FNDCPASS to change it to what I wanted.