9 Replies Latest reply on Jul 9, 2018 7:07 PM by Bommi

RDF changes not appearing in XML

Royal Cascade

Hi

I am very new to oracle reporting. I am trying to add a calculation in one of our existing Purchase Order proforma thru BI publisher Desktop. Two fields quantity and unit price are already present in RFD and XML. I try to multiply both in RTF template and able to get Price. I am unable to get the sum of prices of all the items in that Purchase Order.

If i can do  these two calculations in RTF template using BI publisher desktop that will be great. I tried but couldn't sum of the Price i calculated. is there a way to get the sum storing item price in a variable. (A purchase order can have any number of items)

I was successfully change RDF file, modify query, now i am confused as how the changes in RDF will appear in XML.is there any steps i am missing or some other compatibility issues.... please guide me in right direction.

I am using

Oracle Reports Developer Suite 10g (10.1.2.02)

BI publisher desktop

Oracle EBS R12

Thanks.

• 1. Re: RDF changes not appearing in XML
          Bommi

Hi Royal,

There are different functions like

Example,

1. <?sum(.//TOTAL_RETAIL | .//TOTAL_TAX | .//TOTAL_SHIPPING)?>

‘|’ is the union operator, so the argument you're passing to sum() is the union of the three tags.

2. <?sum(.//TOTAL_RETAIL[.!=''] + .//TOTAL_TAX[.!=''] + .//TOTAL_SHIPPING[.!=''])?>

if any columns has NULL values, then we can use as above so that it will SUM only which has NOT NULL value.

3. <?sum(current-group()/SALARY)?>

Will SUM the salary of all employees in current group.

4. <?sum(current-group()[EMPSTAT=’Regular’]/SALARY)?>

Will SUM the salary of employees in current group whose type is 'Regular'

You can find details more if you google also

Regards,

Bommi

• 2. Re: RDF changes not appearing in XML
            Bommi

Mark my answer as 'correct' or 'Helpful' if it helped you

Regards,

Bommi

• 3. Re: RDF changes not appearing in XML
              Royal Cascade

Bommi

Thank you fro replying. My issue is i dont have a column/field like SALARY you mentioned. I have a calculation in Total Price column (unit price * quantity). I want to do the order total now. Total of all the items in the order under the Total Price column. Is there a way to get this done in RTF.

will totally appreciate your help...

• 4. Re: RDF changes not appearing in XML
                Bommi

Hi Royal,

I just gave an example on how we can do this.

Is there any chance that you can share the XML? Also, please let me know (the screenshots) the tag names of unit price, quantity in that XML.

Also one suggestion:

You said, you are trying to customize the standard RDF. That means, you completely created new concurrent Program (as customizing the standard itself generally wont allow by clients or Oracle). So, rename the RDF with 'XX_' also. So, happily in the RDF itself you can add the Formula Column to multiply and another Formula Column to sum the total.

Regards,

Bommi

• 5. Re: RDF changes not appearing in XML
                  Royal Cascade

can I send you xml and template in your email? I am very new in professional life. don't know if it is good idea to attach company's info here is a good idea.

• 6. Re: RDF changes not appearing in XML
                    Royal Cascade

For RDF

I add the formula column in the query and replace new RFD with old one in files vis WINSCP.  and I was expecting to see new fields in the xml. is there any step I am missing to see the added fields in xml??

• 7. Re: RDF changes not appearing in XML
                      Bommi

Hi Royal,

This is strange

Can you do one thing...? Replace the RDF name with custom name. Replace the Report Name in Executable. Place this RDF in $CUSTOM_TOP/reports/US. Here, the Program and Application name must also be Custom Application name.

Now, run the program once and check.

Please make sure, to enter the SRW.MESSAGE in Formula Column so that we can get to know if the Formula Column is executing properly or not (Also write this SRW.MESSAGE in Exception block also, so that we can get to know if there is any exceptions)

Regards,

Bommi

• 8. Re: RDF changes not appearing in XML
                        Royal Cascade

Bommi

how can i send you email... i cant seem to attach documents here...

my email id is uzmakhalid12@gmail.com

• 9. Re: RDF changes not appearing in XML
                          Bommi

Hi Royal,

Just now sent you a mail

Regards,

Bommi