Hi Everyone. Pl help me in this as this is bit urgent for me.
What FMW components have you installed?
Is it Forms, Reports, OHS or just standalone weblogic?
Thankyou first of all for replying to my query. I have 2 node clustered weblogic 22.214.171.124 installed with SOA as managed server. We have to upgrade it to 126.96.36.199. Pl guide me the steps on how to achieve it.
You can upgrade your SOA from 188.8.131.52.0 to 184.108.40.206.0
There are multiple steps involved in the upgrade
1) Create a complete backup of existing environment
2) Complete required pre-upgrade tasks if any
3) Install 220.127.116.11.0 distributions in a new Oracle home.
4) Run a pre-upgrade readiness check to determine if your deployment is ready to be upgraded.
5) If required create new schemas for your Fusion Middleware components.
During the upgrade, the Upgrade Assistant (UA) can detect when component schemas are missing and must be created before the upgrade.
The Upgrade Assistant can create these schemas for you using the default tablespace and temporary tablespace settings.
6) Upgrade database schemas
7) Reconfigure the domain.
8) Upgrade component configurations.
9) Perform all required post-upgrade tasks.
You need to review complete document in the link
Many many thanks, because of you and your kind of people, many gets help on time. Thank you is just small for this. I will go through this document and get back to you over here if i face any issue. Pl tell me if i have weblogic installed as 18.104.22.168 and SOA as 22.214.171.124 and now i want to upgrade it to both weblogic and SOA as 126.96.36.199 then the steps will be same as what you have mentioned above or different.
It is not possible to install SOA 188.8.131.52 using weblogic 184.108.40.206.0.
The requirement to install SOA 220.127.116.11 is infrastructure 18.104.22.168 and similarly SOA 22.214.171.124.0 can only be installed using infrastructure 126.96.36.199.0
Hope this helps.
Thank you for your reply. I will first try to do this in my local system. I will first install 188.8.131.52 weblogic and SOA and then follow the steps you suggested for upgrade it to 184.108.40.206
I read in few blogs that it gets failed sometime. that is why i want to try this first in my local and then do it to client env.
Thankyou so much again. this unconditional help of yours means a lot.
Thanks & Regards
Yes, it is good to test in Test/local env first.
Please let me us know if there are any issues.
The link which was shared by you has information on approach on how to do upgrade. Steps mentioned as below
- Create a complete backup copy of your existing deployment.
- Complete all of the required pre-upgrade tasks for your environment.
- Install the product distributions in a new Oracle home
- Run a pre-upgrade readiness check to determine if your deployment is ready to be upgraded.
- Create new schemas for your Fusion Middleware components.
- Upgrade the 11g or previous 12c database schemas for the components you will be upgrading.
- Reconfigure the domain.
- Upgrade component configurations.
- Perform all required post-upgrade tasks.
- Verify that the upgrade is successful. At a minimum, verify that the servers and node manager start and your applications functions as expected.
My question is, in the link there is no where mentioned the steps to complete this upgrade. I mean till point 6 is doable. But how to do fro point 7 to point 10. I mean the steps to reconfigure the domain, upgrade component configs etc.
Pl suggest me any link or blog if you have which has step by step illustration give.
Below is the document:
About Reconfiguring the Domain
Upgrading Domain Component Configurations
Performing Post Upgrade Tasks
The docs provide us with the procedure of upgrading OFMW using Configurational wizard but doesn't have any commands for silent installations or any sample response files.
This is because our Sever hosts do not have GUI so the opening wizard is not an option for us.
We are worries about executing reconfig.sh as it does not take response file when executing.
Could you please let me know if there is any way or any documentation which would help me with this.
Thanks in advance,