2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 12, 2018 12:24 PM by user8336357

EBS 12.2 adsplice param base_product_top has no effect to place custom apps to desired directory

user8336357

12.2.7 version, AD UTILITIES

EBS 12.2 adsplice param base_product_top has no effect to place custom apps to desired directory

According to
      Oracle E-Business Suite Maintenance Utilities
      Release 12.1
      Part Number E13676-03

base_product_top= | Identifies the base directory that contains the product's files. The default value, APPL_TOP, means the product's files are written in the directory your APPL_TOP environment is set to. If you want to write the product files to another directory, replace the APPL_TOP value with the full directory path.

But I cannot find any EBS 12.2 doc for the usage of base_product_top

I tried following: (NONE of them works, it will place custom apps to its default location which is $APPL_TOP)

base_product_top=/u02/applmgr/s1appgso/fs1/EBSapps/xxappl
      base_product_top='/u02/applmgr/s1appgso/fs1/EBSapps/xxappl'
      base_product_top=$CUST_TOP (export CUST_TOP=/u02/applmgr/s1appgso/fs1/EBSapps/xxappl)

Either 12.2 totally ignore base_product_top or may be my syntax is wrong.

Basically I try to put all our Customized Apps in to $APP_TOP/../xxappl rather than default $APPL_TOP
      Of cause I manage to edit context file and write my own sync drive to achieve my goal. But according to doc Part Number E13676-03, I should be able to use base_product_top to directory newly spliced custom apps to any desired directory structure.
      Anyone successfully used base_product_top, please let me know.
      Thanks.