My Environment:

Oracle SQL Developer 18.2.0.183

Version 18.2.0.183
      Build 183.1748

Java(TM)-Plattform 9.0.4

Windows 7 Client, german language

Oracle 11 DB on server

What I have done:

1. Fresh install of SQL Developer 18.2 with german language and integrated Java 9

2. Clean install: no import of old SQL Developer data (previous version was 17.2)

3. Create a Subversion-Connection

4. Check out this Connection to a new directory (via right-click on he Connection and select "Check out")

5. Open the Files-Navigator in SQL-Developer and move on to this new directory

Now this:

1. I can see this directory, but I don't see the SVN-Revision-Numbers behind the filenames (like in my old SQL Dev 17.2)

2. After doubleclick to open a file and change the content I can see the file in the "Outgoing/Outstanding Changes"-Panel of Subversion. This is correct.

3. But: after rightclick on the filename in the "Outgoing/Outstanding changes"-Panel and select "Check in" I get the following Error:

versionerror.jpg

When I click on "Details" I see the follwoing Errors:

java.lang.ClassCastException: java.base/[Ljava.lang.Object; cannot be cast to [Loracle.ide.model.Locatable;

at oracle.jdevimpl.vcs.svn.op.AbstractSVNOperation.getOperationDialogHeaderURLString(AbstractSVNOperation.java:249)

at oracle.jdevimpl.vcs.svn.op.AbstractSVNOperation.createOperationDialogHeader(AbstractSVNOperation.java:230)

at oracle.jdevimpl.vcs.svn.op.AbstractSVNOperation.createOperationDialog(AbstractSVNOperation.java:222)

at oracle.jdevimpl.vcs.svn.op.AbstractSVNOperation.invokeCommand(AbstractSVNOperation.java:168)

at oracle.jdevimpl.vcs.svn.op.SVNOperationCommit.invokeCommand(SVNOperationCommit.java:159)

at oracle.jdeveloper.vcs.generic.ActionCommand.doitImplInvoke(ActionCommand.java:248)

at oracle.jdevimpl.vcs.svn.op.SVNOperationCommit.doitImplInvoke(SVNOperationCommit.java:125)

at oracle.jdeveloper.vcs.generic.ActionCommand.doitImpl(ActionCommand.java:227)

at oracle.jdeveloper.vcs.generic.ActionCommand.doitImpl(ActionCommand.java:197)

at oracle.jdevimpl.vcs.svn.op.AbstractSVNOperation.doitImpl(AbstractSVNOperation.java:460)

at oracle.jdeveloper.vcs.spi.VCSCommand.doit3(VCSCommand.java:600)

at oracle.jdeveloper.vcs.spi.VCSCommand.doit(VCSCommand.java:135)

at oracle.ide.controller.CommandProcessor.invoke(CommandProcessor.java:377)

at oracle.jdeveloper.vcs.spi.VCSController.invokeCommand(VCSController.java:205)

at oracle.jdeveloper.vcs.spi.VCSController.handleEventImpl(VCSController.java:160)

at oracle.jdeveloper.vcs.spi.VCSController$1.run(VCSController.java:87)

at java.desktop/java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)

at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)

at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)

at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)

at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)

at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at oracle.javatools.internal.ui.EventQueueWrapper._dispatchEvent(EventQueueWrapper.java:169)

at oracle.javatools.internal.ui.EventQueueWrapper.dispatchEvent(EventQueueWrapper.java:151)

at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)

at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)

at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)

at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)

at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)

at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

This error occures not only on check in, but also on lock/unlock, erase/delete and all other svn-commands

What went wrong? In SQL Developer 17.2 I had no problems to work with Subversion.

Thank you for your help!

Markus Schwabe