This discussion is archived
1 2 3 4 11 Previous Next 154 Replies Latest reply: Mar 17, 2009 12:43 AM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: Successfully Intalled Oracle 11i E-Business Suite in windows platform !
    535937 Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    Hi,

We are installing Oracle 11i -Ebusiness Suite on windows
    For this we installed the required pre-requisites.
    VC++ installation
    MKS tool kit installation
    GNUMAKE installation
    when we run the rapidwiz it is getting stopped at 33%. After 5mins the window is closed by itself.The last entry in the log file is
    Starting from CD area..

We are unable to proceed further.

Could you please help me in getting out of this problem.
    Please send the steps to my mail id anjani.saxena@sierraatlantic.com

Thanks in Advance.
    Anjani .
  • 16. Re: Successfully Intalled Oracle 11i E-Business Suite in windows platform !
    138925 Newbie
    Can you please send me the detail steps to Install Oracle 11i E-Business Suite in windows XP Professional Laptop, and what is the Hardware Requirement RAM and HardDisk, Can I use external Harddisk.

Thanks
  • 17. Re: Successfully Intalled Oracle 11i E-Business Suite in windows platform !
    61204 Newbie
    The install notes and the release notes will give all the details regarding the system requirements like RAM and HDD space.

Yes you could do the installation on a external HDD.

Sam
    http://appstech-sam.blogspot.com
  • 18. Re: Successfully Intalled Oracle 11i E-Business Suite in windows platform !
    536425 Newbie
    boss i have installed 11.5.10 on windows xp
    the forms are working properly
    but when i submit the report its showing internal concurrnt manager is down
    even i started the script adcmctl.cmd and run the setup file ccmsetup.exe
    as given in the admin config guide the icm is up in the oracle application manager
    page but when i am submitting a request i am getting same error icm down
    or not set properly can anyone help me out
    thanks in advance
    my id hashmihyder@gmail.com
  • 19. Re: Successfully Intalled Oracle 11i E-Business Suite in windows platform !
    518107 Newbie
    Hello Kias,

I am also trying to install Oracle App 11i on Windows XP. All the checks before the install actually starts show as OK. However, the install stops during step 2 of 5 giving: RW-50004. The log file says:

PL/SQL procedure successfully completed.
    Disconnected from Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.6.0 - Production
    With the Partitioning, OLAP and Oracle Data Mining options
    JServer Release 9.2.0.6.0 - Production
    ECHO is off.
    Checking for errors ...
    ECHO is off.
    adcrdb.cmd exiting with status 0
    "runProcess_6"
    "Statusstring InstantiateFile -d C:\oracle\visdb\9.2.0\appsutil\template\addbtmpl.drv"
    "Unable to complete Instance Configuration"
    There was an error while running the command - C:\oracle\visdb\9.2.0\temp\VIS_vmoracleapp\adrundb.cmd APPS APPS
    The process tried to write to a nonexistent pipe.
    The process tried to write to a nonexistent pipe.
    RW-50010: Error: - script has returned an error: 2
    RW-50004: Error code received when running external process. Check log file for details.

Please help....
    Rakesh Goel
  • 20. Re: Successfully Intalled Oracle 11i E-Business Suite in windows platform !
    61204 Newbie
    Have a look at the last post in the below thread.
    Re: 11i on windows gives InstantiateFile -d c:\oracle\visdb\9.2.0\appsutil\temp

Sam
    http://www.appsdbablog.com
  • 21. Re: Successfully Intalled Oracle 11i E-Business Suite in windows platform !
    535200 Newbie
    Hi WillyN,

will you pls. guide with the installation of 11i on windows xp sp2 system. appreciate your help in this regard. Pls. feel free to start with the basic directions in this regard.

email- address is asyeda97@hotmail.com
  • 22. Re: Successfully Intalled Oracle 11i E-Business Suite in windows platform !
    530032 Newbie
    hi Willynelly,

I have installed Oracle 11i E-Business Suite on windows 2000.After installation it shows that all components succesfully installed.I can see the database running and can login with sqlplus.
    However when I try to login to apps through the browser using http://hostname.domain:port,it cannot find the specified page.It is a single m/c installation.

I want to know what are the essential windows services that must be up and running for Oracle apps to work properly.There are some services which have been created and marked as "manual" startup type .Is there any way to know which of these may be essential services?
    Any help will be appreciated.

rgds,
    sudhir
  • 23. Re: Successfully Intalled Oracle 11i E-Business Suite in windows platform !
    530032 Newbie
    hi Willynelly,

I have installed Oracle 11i E-Business Suite on windows 2000.After installation it shows that all components succesfully installed.I can see the database running and can login with sqlplus.
    However when I try to login to apps through the browser using http://hostname.domain:port,it cannot find the specified page.It is a single m/c installation.

I want to know what are the essential windows services that must be up and running for Oracle apps to work properly.There are some services which have been created and marked as "manual" startup type .Is there any way to know which of these may be essential services?

Any help will be appreciated.
  • 24. Re: Successfully Intalled Oracle 11i E-Business Suite in windows platform !
    70140 Newbie
    Hi,

Perhaps this set of steps may help in your situation.

Oracle EBS 11.5.10.2 Installation Steps

Cheers
  • 25. Re: Successfully Intalled Oracle 11i E-Business Suite in windows platform !
    514101 Newbie
    Hi Willynelly,

Appreciable if you could send me details of installation steps you have followed on windows XP

my email id:madhu_goolla@sbcglobal.net

Thanks.

Madhu
  • 26. Re: Successfully Intalled Oracle 11i E-Business Suite in windows platform !
    539938 Newbie
    hi,

i just want to install oracle 11 i . You mentioned that u had successfully installed . can u pl mention the prerequisites for installing this on my laptop.

it is very urgent . eagerly waiting for ur reply.

bye
  • 27. Re: Successfully Intalled Oracle 11i E-Business Suite in windows platform !
    544322 Newbie
    HI, I'm Migjen
    I'm trying to install E-business suite 11i on Linux RHEL4. I have successfully finished the rapid install, but the oracle doe not start. I thin I have problems wih seting of users and enviroment variables. I have installet using the oracle user on linux, but the rapid install didn't create any scripts on the oracel's home directory.

Pls. send me some instructions on mhoxha_1@yahoo.com
  • 28. Re: Successfully Intalled Oracle 11i E-Business Suite in windows platform !
    546651 Newbie
    Hi,

have followed these steps to install 11.5.10.2 in windows 2000, but get apache startup errors...maybe someone could help me out or follow the same steps and see if they are getting the same problem :-)
    Adfarhan
    --***-**---***-------------*-
    1.) Install win2000 + service pack 2 or higher.
    Use Windows 2000 Server/ Advanced Server/ Datacenter Server
    Windows 2000 Home Edition and Windows 2000 Professional Edition are NOT certified, for Applications and Database Tiers.

2.) Make sure your C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc - hosts file has entry similar to foll:
    192.168.0.10     fajr.red.com
    where fajr is ur mahine name and red.com your domain name

3.) Install tools:
    Do not install the tools in the Program Files directory, or any other target directory with blank spaces in its name.
    Do not install the tools under the APPL_TOP. You will encounter problems relinking if the executables are in a \bin directory under any

of the Oracle Applications product tops. Make sure each of the executables is in the PATH after installation.

a.) Install Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 Standard Edition + Service Pack 3 or higher.

b.) Install MKS Toolkit Version 6.1a or higher. You can use any of the Developer series

c.) Install GNU make (Shareware) Version 3.77 or higher, excluding 3.79.0.
    Untar gnu and Follow the instructions in the readme(.w32) file to create the tool. Remember to run vcvars.bat and to include the

directories containing Visual C++ 6.0 components (such as the include and lib directories) in the path, before running nmake. The

resultant file is gnumake.exe, copy it to the mksnt directory under the MKS Toolkit installation directory (for example,

d:\tools\mks\mksnt) ignore all warnings generated when conducting the build.

4.a) Navigate to the system root directory (default is C:\winnt\system32).
    Right-click msxm13.dll. Select Properties. them click Version.
    If XML Parser is not already installed, or if the version on your system is not 3.0 SP4 (or later) , go to the following URL and download

the Microsoft XML Parser 3.0 SP4 Software Development Kit from
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/ThankYou.aspx?familyId=b432cd45-b7ed-4c32-a443-ec56f10ee175&displayLang=en

b) After installing MSXML 3.0 SP4 SDK, copy msxm12.lib from <Microsoft XML Parser SDK>\lib to <Visual C++/C>\lib, where

<Microsoft XML Parser SDK> is the installed location of the MSXML 3.0 SP4 SDK, and <Visual C++/C> is the installed location of

Visual C++/C 6.0

5.) Before you install Oracle Applications, create a new account (for example,oracle) on the domain level and make it a member of

these groups : dba, Administrators (local user), Domain Users (Domain user)
    Make sure the user account for the installation (the install user) has full local administrative privileges and permission to print to
    either local or network printers. and must not be a member of the GUEST group

6.) Start Rapidwiz
    D:\> cd Disk1\rapidwiz
    D:\> RapidWizVersion.cmd

Notes:
    Windows Services
    If the concurrent manager service is running on the same node as the database, it may not start automatically after a restart. If that

happens, make sure that the database service (ORACLEService<SID>) is running and the TNS listener

(ORACLE<SID>_<DB_VERS>_RDBMSTNSListener<SID>) has started. Then, use the Service Control Panel to start the concurrent

manager. There are a number of technology stack services created by Rapid Install that are not currently used by Oracle Applications.

They are set to start manually. There is no need to start these services or to change them to start automatically.

Use ntfs.
    Nov 17 06
  • 29. Re: Successfully Intalled Oracle 11i E-Business Suite in windows platform !
    546651 Newbie
    hi Willynelly

could you please check the doc i have pasted and let me know if i have missed something? my apache services are not starting
    thanks
    Adfarhan
1 2 3 4 11 Previous Next