1 2 3 Previous Next 154 Replies Latest reply: Mar 17, 2009 2:43 AM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle RSS

Successfully Intalled Oracle 11i E-Business Suite in windows platform !

Dear All

After struggling almost 15 days (documents searching from google, metalink etc...), successfully intalled more than 6 times in Window 2000, windows 2003, and Windows XP .

Anyone wants to know the steps contact me directly, i will advice you accordingly.

Staging, intalling software step by step and path setting, error code, gnumake failure, domain etc....

Regards,

Willynelly.
        • 1. Re: Successfully Intalled Oracle 11i E-Business Suite in windows platform !
          Hi,

I'm trying to install oracle 11i on windows 2000 but failed several times. I followed all the steps which is required for preinstallation. At one particular point (while trying to extract oraAPPDB cd's the windows is getting crashed. Not able to find what is happening.

Can you please tell me step by step procedure to install oracle 11i on windows 2000.

Thanks for your help.
          • 2. Re: Successfully Intalled Oracle 11i E-Business Suite in windows platform !
            dear

May be your oracle intaller (rapidwiz.cmd) is not suporting to install windows 2000, do u have correct software cd's (installation) for windows 2000 ?

You can chat me directly on willynelly@yahoo.com or skype williams and country kuwiat.

I will help you in detail

willynelly.
            • 3. Re: Successfully Intalled Oracle 11i E-Business Suite in windows platform !
              Thanks for your reply.

The CD's I got it from oracle and the oracle 11i version (11.5.10.2)

As I dont have access to yahoo/skype. can you please tell me the steps.

thanks in advance
              • 4. Re: Successfully Intalled Oracle 11i E-Business Suite in windows platform !
                Hi Bhuvanesh,

You don't have any email address, if so give me i will send you directly.

Willynelly.
                • 5. Re: Successfully Intalled Oracle 11i E-Business Suite in windows platform !
                  Hi Willynelly,

we have downloaded the Oracle 11i E-bussiness suit from http://edelivery.oracle.com

During the extraction of each zip files to create stage the following files, COMPONENTS.LABEL & DVD.LABLES are found in 3 zip files and therefore during extraction it is asking to replace the exsisting files, we feel it will create problem in identifiing the disks from stage during the installation process. How we can solve this or is there any workaround to do this?

Details:
                  ------
                  11i Release 11.5.10.2 for Microsoft Windows Rapid Install Databases - Disk 1 (Part 1 of 7)
                  Part Number :B24309-01_1of7
                  when we extract this zip file it creates the followings

c:\stage11i\OraAppDB\Disk1
                  c:\stage11i\OraAppDB\compoents.label
                  c:\stage11i\OraAppDB\dvd.label

11i Release 11.5.10.2 for Microsoft Windows Rapid Install Databases - Disk 2 (Part 1 of 6)
                  Part Number : B24310-01_1of6

c:\stage11i\OraAppDB\Disk10

11i Release 11.5.10.2 for Microsoft Windows Rapid Install Databases - Disk 3 (Part 1 of 6)
                  Part Number : B24311-01_1of6

c:\stage11i\OraAppDB\Disk14

In the above steps 2 and 3, the files COMPONENTS.LABEL, DVD.LABELS are extracted to the same directory and hence it is asking to replace the existing ones.

we beleive these files are used to identify the sequence of the disks to be installed during the installation. Since we replace / left the existing files as its, installation process may not identify the sequence properly.

How we can solve the problem? Your Help is highly appreciated

Thank you in advance

I too in Kuwait can you send me your contact in my e-mail id johnveslin@yahoo.com?
                  • 6. Re: Successfully Intalled Oracle 11i E-Business Suite in windows platform !
                    YuryVelikanov
                    johnveslin,

You can ignore those lable files. Those doesn't make any diference.
                    Oracle rapid installer looking for specific directories.
                    Just done it myself on Linux.

Yury
                    • 7. Re: Successfully Intalled Oracle 11i E-Business Suite in windows platform !
                      Thank you for your reply.

I too started the installation and got an eror RW-20003, I have posted the error as separate thread.

could you pls review and guide me
                      • 8. Re: Successfully Intalled Oracle 11i E-Business Suite in windows platform !
                        YuryVelikanov
                        I don't lie the idea to install Apps on Win32.
                        Sorry but I can't guide you as I prefer Linux/Unix and recommend my customers to use anything except Win32.
                        Win32 is excellent desktop platform, but isn't a platform for Apps.
                        All those make, gnu, compilers that you are struggling to install on Win32 are available out of the box on Linux.
                        I installed my own Apps on my Win32 Laptop using VMWARE, Linux (RH, SuSe), External 300GB usb drive.

Without significant problems.
                        I can't help you with your Windows installation.

Just my 0.02£
                        Yury
                        • 9. Re: Successfully Intalled Oracle 11i E-Business Suite in windows platform !
                          Hi,

Congrates for Successfully implementing Apps.
                          Could you Help me in this regard?
                          Staging is done successfully..I am trying to install cygwin.
                          It throws up the following error:taken from setup file..
                          I even tried to disable the AutoProtect File system and download..but did'nt work??

2006/08/17 12:27:36 Could not open service McShield for query, start and stop. McAfee may not be installed, or we don't have access.
                          2006/08/17 12:27:39 io_stream_cygfile: fopen failed 2 No such file or directory
                          2006/08/17 12:27:39 io_stream_cygfile: fopen failed 2 No such file or directory
                          2006/08/17 12:27:39 source: download
                          2006/08/17 12:27:44 io_stream_cygfile: fopen failed 2 No such file or directory
                          2006/08/17 12:27:44 Selected local directory: C:\Cygwin
                          2006/08/17 12:27:45 net: Direct
                          2006/08/17 12:27:55 io_stream_cygfile: fopen failed 2 No such file or directory
                          2006/08/17 12:27:55 site: http://cygwin.trexle.net
                          2006/08/17 12:27:56 io_stream_cygfile: fopen failed 2 No such file or directory
                          2006/08/17 12:27:56 io_stream_cygfile: fopen failed 2 No such file or directory
                          • 10. Re: Successfully Intalled Oracle 11i E-Business Suite in windows platform !
                            ARIV
                            Willynelly
                            I am Trying to install 11i (version 11.5.9). I tried on windows 2000 server and XP Professional (version 202 .Service pack 2). On both Occasions i got the error
                            " Operating system patch/version test has returned an error: 1"

Please let me know the fix for this. I will appreciate if you will share other details about installing the prerequisites. Especially gnumake installation.

My mail ID is arivu_rec@yahoo.co.in

Regards,
                            ARI
                            • 11. Re: Successfully Intalled Oracle 11i E-Business Suite in windows platform !
                              Hi Willynelly
                              I an trying to install the Oracle 11.5.10.2. I am using Cygwin instead of MKS. But getting some post installation problems. The log is as follows.

DBC File Check gave following successful message:
                              DBC file passes instantiated variables test:
                              File = E:\oracle\visappl\fnd\11.5.0\secure\VIS_01hw071632\vis.dbc

But JSP Check gave following:
                              checking URL =

http://01hw071632.myolm:8000/OA_HTML/jsp/fnd/fndhelp.jsp?dbc=E:\oracle\visappl\fnd\11.5.0\secure\VIS_01hw071632\vis.dbc
                              DBC file may be invalid

Database Availability Check gave "requires review" with following message:

command : cmd.exe /c E:\OracleState11i\Stage11i\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\bin\riwTDBup.cmd

E:\oracle\visdb\9.2.0\VIS_01hw071632.cmd sqlplus E:\OracleState11i\Stage11i\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\bin\riwTDBup.sql APPS/APPS

E:\OracleState11i\Stage11i\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>echo off
                              Fri 08/25/2006
                              12:26 PM
                              ECHO is off.
                              ECHO is off.
                              Fri 08/25/2006 12:26 PM
                              VIS_01hw071632.cmd exiting with status 0
                              ""
                              "The environment settings are as follows ..."
                              ""
                              " ORACLE_HOME : E:\oracle\visdb\9.2.0"
                              " ORACLE_SID : "
                              " TWO_TASK : "
                              " PATH :

E:\oracle\visdb\9.2.0\Apache\perl\5.00503\bin\MSWin32-x86\;E:\oracle\visdb\9.2.0\bin;E:\oracle\visdb\9.2.0\jre\1.4.2\bin;E:\o

racle\visdb\9.2.0\jre\1.4.2\bin;C:\Perl\bin\;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;E:\PgFiles\VS6\Tools\Win

NT;E:\PgFiles\VS6\MSDev98\Bin;E:\PgFiles\VS6\Tools;E:\PgFiles\VC98\bin;E:\cygwin\bin"
                              " LD_LIBRARY_PATH : E:\oracle\visdb\9.2.0\lib"
                              ""

SQL*Plus: Release 9.2.0.6.0 - Production on Fri Aug 25 12:26:01 2006

Copyright (c) 1982, 2002, Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

ERROR:
                              ORA-12537: TNS:connection closed

connect test returning code 3
                              ERRORCODE = 3 ERRORCODE_END
                              RW-50011: Error: - Database ORACLE_HOME connection test has returned an error: 3 command : cmd.exe /c

E:\OracleState11i\Stage11i\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\bin\riwTDBup.cmd E:\oracle\visora\8.0.6\VIS_01hw071632.cmd plus80

E:\OracleState11i\Stage11i\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\bin\riwTDBup.sql APPS/APPS

E:\OracleState11i\Stage11i\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>echo off
                              Fri 08/25/2006
                              12:26 PM
                              ""
                              "The environment settings are as follows ..."
                              ""
                              " ORACLE_HOME : E:\oracle\visora\8.0.6"
                              " ORACLE_SID : "
                              " TWO_TASK : "
                              " PATH :

E:\oracle\visora\8.0.6\bin;E:\oracle\viscomn\util\java\1.4\j2sdk1.4.2_04\bin;C:\Perl\bin\;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\W

INDOWS\System32\Wbem;E:\PgFiles\VS6\Tools\WinNT;E:\PgFiles\VS6\MSDev98\Bin;E:\PgFiles\VS6\Tools;E:\PgFiles\VC98\bin;E:\cygwin

\bin"
                              " LD_LIBRARY_PATH : E:\oracle\visora\8.0.6\lib"
                              ""

SQL*Plus: Release 8.0.6.0.0 - Production on Fri Aug 25 12:26:02 2006

(c) Copyright 1999 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

ERROR:
                              ORA-12547: TNS:lost contact

connect test returning code 3
                              ERRORCODE = 3 ERRORCODE_END
                              RW-50011: Error: - Apps ORACLE_HOME connection test has returned an error: 3

I also sent you a friend request from yahoo to ask your advice.
                              Your help is of much appriciation.

Thanks
                              Manish
                              • 12. Re: Successfully Intalled Oracle 11i E-Business Suite in windows platform !
                                Hi Willynelly,

I am struggling with 11i install on windows xp ,I staged and setup all the necessary software and rapidwiz initial check was all successful

but still getting following error

adcrdb.cmd exiting with status 0

"runProcess_6"

"Statusstring InstantiateFile -d c:\oracle\visdb\9.2.0\appsutil\template\addbtmpl.drv"

"Unable to complete Instance Configuration"

There was an error while running the command - c:\oracle\visdb\9.2.0\temp\VIS_d8byp9b1\adrundb.cmd APPS APPS
                                The process tried to write to a nonexistent pipe.
                                The process tried to write to a nonexistent pipe.
                                RW-50010: Error: - script has returned an error: 2
                                RW-50004: Error code received when running external process. Check log file for details.
                                Running Database Install Driver for VIS instance
                                Database Availability Check

Please let me know the exact steps, in particular how to create staging area from zip files from edelivery.

Thanks
                                Kiyas
                                • 13. Re: Successfully Intalled Oracle 11i E-Business Suite in windows platform !
                                  Hi

I try do install Business suite from downloaded files on windows 2003. About 2 GB memory, 140 GB disk space. I've never done it before. Can you send me your steps ?
                                  • 14. Re: Successfully Intalled Oracle 11i E-Business Suite in windows platform !
                                    HCM
                                    Hi Willynelly

can you please send me the steps to install Oracle Apps on windows operating system. can you please mail it to priyavish@rediffmail.com.

please help me out.
                                    1 2 3 Previous Next