1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 29, 2018 12:41 PM by LPNO

Seeding OWB Workspace either with Repository Assistant or OMBPLUS/OMBSEED fails (ORA-06512, ORA-06512)

LPNO

I have installed for Development on Windows-7/X64-Bit Plattform

Oracle Enterprise Edition 12c

Oracle Warehouse Builder OWB_11.2.0.4

Next I need a Workspace to be generated for Oracle Warehouse Builder.

I did repeated trials, eliminated a few bugs, but now I'm quite stuck:

After preparing OWBSYS with owb_dbhome_1\owb\UnifiedRepos\clean_owbsys.sql

OMBPLUS/OMBSEED fails with

Vordefinieren des OWB-Repositorys nicht erfolgreich. Die Eigentümerinstallation des Warehouse Builder-Workspace wurde bei Benutzer OWBSYS nicht erfolgreich ausgeführt.

java.sql.SQLException: ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numerischer oder Wertefehler: Zeichenfolgenpuffer zu klein

ORA-06512: in Zeile 7

ORA-06512: in Zeile 257

The trials with Repositry Assistant that I did before came to the same result:

main.TaskScheduler timer[5]20180806@14:15:15.015: 00> oracle.wh.ui.install.assistant.wizards.AssistantWizardDefinition.display(AssistantWizardDefinition.java:1476): [executeOwbReposOrRuntime]:

Error occurred during Seeding OWBSYS. Exception =java.lang.Exception: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numerischer oder Wertefehler: Zeichenfolgenpuffer zu klein

main.TaskScheduler timer[5]20180806@14:15:15.015: 00> oracle.wh.ui.install.assistant.wizards.AssistantWizardDefinition.display(AssistantWizardDefinition.java:1476)+>ORA-06512: in Zeile 7

main.TaskScheduler timer[5]20180806@14:15:15.015: 00> oracle.wh.ui.install.assistant.wizards.AssistantWizardDefinition.display(AssistantWizardDefinition.java:1476)+>ORA-06512: in Zeile 257

Before I retry to install the Workspace I do:

1. 1.)  @D:\app\product\11.2.0\owb_dbhome_1\owb\UnifiedRepos\clean_owbsys.sql

1. 2.) Delete rtrepos.properties  in D:\app\product\11.2.0\owb_dbhome_1\owb\bin\admin

1. 3.)  @D:\app\product\11.2.0\owb_dbhome_1\owb\UnifiedRepos\cat_owb.sql  ts_owb

1. 4.) GRANT select on sys.user_views to owbsys with grant option;

This is another bug and showstopper if not granted to OWBSYS

1. 5.)  @D:\app\product\11.2.0\owb_dbhome_1\owb\UnifiedRepos\reset_owbcc_home.sql D:\app\product\11.2.0\owb_dbhome_1

1. 6.)  alter user OWBSYS account unlock identified by owbsys_password;

Either with Repositry Assistant or with OMBSEED

OMB+> OMBSEED DATA_TABLESPACE 'TS_OWB' INDEX_TABLESPACE 'TS_OWB_IDX' TEMPORARY_TABLESPACE 'TEMP' SNAPSHOT_TABLESPACE 'USERS'

OWB_SERVER_ORACLE_HOME 'D:\app\product\11.2.0\owb_dbhome_1' USING CREDENTIAL OWBSYS/owbsys_password@LOCALHOST:1521:DEVOLI1

In either case I get the error logged above. No success, further proceeding with OWB is stalled.

Have you successfully seeded a repositry on windows-7/x64 with above configuration?

What do I additonally to the measures above need to overcome this error and successfully seed a workspace in OWB?

Regards

LPNO