11 Replies Latest reply on Aug 9, 2018 2:17 PM by GAP

Deep Linking URL to Page, Setting Page Item Value

GAP

I have a page process that creates an email.  Within the email is a link to one of our internal applications.

The link created is in the following format:

https://dev...not_our_real_server...our_dev_server.com/apex/f?p=888:21:::NO:21:P21_TABLE_ID:88&cs=335xf5vdzfM7JSPOg70D57lvfS8s

Clicking the link takes me to the login page of the application.  After logging in, I am taken to page 21, but the '88' value for P21_TABLE_ID is not being set.

Any ideas of what might be causing P21_TABLE_ID to not get set?  I am getting no error messages.

I have another application that works and does a similar process.  I have compared the two and can't find any differences that would be causing the issue.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks,

GAP

• 1. Re: Link in Email Not Passing Parameter
          PMON

Check to make sure Deep Linking is enabled in your application.

Cheers

• 2. Re: Link in Email Not Passing Parameter
            GAP

Thank you for the response.

I have double checked.

Deep linking is enabled at the application level.  At the page level, Deep Linking is set to Application Default.  I've tried setting the page Deep Linking to Enabled and this does not make a difference.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

• 3. Re: Link in Email Not Passing Parameter
              Neil Clare

Have you tried removing the clear cache value (the 21 after NO)?

Also, how are you generating the checksum?

• 4. Re: Link in Email Not Passing Parameter
                GAP

Thanks, I have removed the 21, clear cache, as suggested, same result.

I am using the APEX_UTIL.PREPARE_URL to get the checksum.

Here is the part of the code that generates the email link.

'<a target="_blank" href="https://'||gap.utilities_pkg.get_host||APEX_UTIL.PREPARE_URL('f?p=888:21:::NO::P21_TABLE_ID:'||p_table_id)||'">link</a>';

• 5. Re: Link in Email Not Passing Parameter
                  GAP

I think the issue lies somewhere in a setting in the application.

If I go to the same page from within the application and copy the URL, and run the URL, it works.  The difference I see is that this URL has a session id.  The link from the email, after logging in, looks like this:

https://dev..not_our_rea_server...our_dev_server.com/apex/f?p=888:21:9231286603465:::::

It is missing the P21_TABLE_ID:88.

Debug shows "FSP_AFTER_LOGIN_URL" => f?p=888:21:9231286603465

What could be causing the item, value portion, and checksum of the URL to be removed?

• 6. Re: Link in Email Not Passing Parameter
                    GAP

When looking through the debug message, I found:

... remove payload from url, reduce to f?p=app:page:session

Is there a setting I can change so that the original url is kept?

Thanks,

GAP

• 7. Re: Deep Linking URL to Page, Setting Page Item Value
                      GAP

Going through and comparing the Debug from the application that works and the one that doesn't work I found one other difference that might be significant.

In the application that works, the HTTP_COOKIE has something added to the end of the line:

HTTP_COOKIE=LOGIN_USERNAME_COOKIE=username; AM-DSESS-SECURE-SESSION-ID=0_eyq8jYoD+clRe8q/xGIP9bMP3V26VHYflk8T+Atd3ImVl1tHcHE=

In the application that is not working, the debug shows only:

HTTP_COOKIE=LOGIN_USERNAME_COOKIE=username

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

• 8. Re: Deep Linking URL to Page, Setting Page Item Value
                        Neil Clare

Can you check the following settings

Under Shared Components / Security Attributes

Rejoin Sessions

Session State Protection

For item P21_TABLE_ID

Session State Protection

Also, is the application that works in the same workspace?

• 9. Re: Deep Linking URL to Page, Setting Page Item Value
                          GAP

Thank you for your help with my issue.  It is appreciated.

Rejoin Sessions is set to Disabled.  I've tried setting to Enabled for Public Sessions.

Session State Protection is set to Enabled.  I have tried setting this to Disabled.

The item P21_TABLE_ID Session State Protection is set to Checksum Required - Session Level.  I've tried setting this to Unrestricted.

The applications are in the same workspace.

I've compared the security settings in both applications.

I've disabled every process that I think could be running before the page loads.

I've done just a quick look at the page templates between the two applications.  I give a deeper look there.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks,

GAP

• 10. Re: Deep Linking URL to Page, Setting Page Item Value
                            fac586

GAP wrote:

When looking through the debug message, I found:

... remove payload from url, reduce to f?p=app:page:session

Post the complete debug log (as text , not a screenshot).

• 11. Re: Deep Linking URL to Page, Setting Page Item Value
                              GAP

Here's the Debug Log:

CGI: PATH_INFO = /f?p=888:21:::LEVEL9:21:P21_TABLE_ID:88&cs=335xf5vdzfM7JSPOg70D57lvfS8s

GET https://oaxappsdev.co.ihc.com/apex

REMOTE_ADDR=10.121.61.30

REMOTE_USER=APEX_PUBLIC_USER

APEX_LISTENER_VERSION=3.0.9.348.07.16

HTTP_COOKIE=LOGIN_USERNAME_COOKIE=gap

SID=423

USER=APEX_PUBLIC_USER

INSTANCE=1

Reset NLS settings

alter session set  NLS_LANGUAGE='AMERICAN' NLS_TERRITORY='AMERICA' NLS_CALENDAR='GREGORIAN' NLS_SORT='BINARY' NLS_COMP='BINARY'

...NLS: Set Decimal separator="."

...NLS: Set NLS Group separator=","

...NLS: Set g_nls_date_format="DD-MON-RR"

...NLS: Set g_nls_timestamp_format="DD-MON-RR HH.MI.SSXFF AM"

...NLS: Set g_nls_timestamp_tz_format="DD-MON-RR HH.MI.SSXFF AM TZR"

NLS of database and client differs, characterset conversion needed

...Setting session time_zone to -06:00

reset_nls_environment

R E Q U E S T show

reset

reset

fetch_flow_info

set_html_escaping_mode p_mode=>E

get_workspace(824903002026081): reusing g_workspace

get_friendly_workspace_url path_alias=>

get_friendly_workspace_url="oax/r/files/static/v3/", sgid=0

get_friendly_workspace_url path_alias=>

get_friendly_workspace_url="oax/r/888/files/static/v1/", sgid=0

check_request_can_be_processed

...check app owner "PHYS" is a valid workspace schema in "824903002026081"

...check app owner is a valid database schema

Language derived from: FLOW_PRIMARY_LANGUAGE, current browser language: en

alter_session p_language=>en,g_nls_language_set=>

alter session set nls_language='AMERICAN' nls_territory='AMERICA'

NLS: CSV charset=WE8MSWIN1252

...NLS: Set Decimal separator="."

...NLS: Set NLS Group separator=","

...NLS: Set g_nls_date_format="DD-MON-RR"

reset_nls_environment

Setting NLS: NLS_DATE_FORMAT="DD-MON-YYYY"

...NLS: Set g_nls_date_format="DD-MON-YYYY"

NLS: Language=en

Application 888, Page Template: 17350343426542219

authenticate_and_init_session p_app_id=>888,p_has_safe_url_parameters=>true,p_clone_session=>null

set_g_security_group_id p_security_group_id=>824903002026081,p_check_host_prefix=>true,p_check_account_status=>true

does_url_match_workspace p_security_group_id=>824903002026081,p_host_prefix=>,l_http_host=>oaxappsdev.co.ihc.com,p_path_prefix=>OAX,c_path_info=>/f

... PROXY_AUTHENTICATION not enabled - no path_prefix check

set_workspace_id p_workspace_id=>824903002026081

... authentication id=46851918000887616, sgid=824903002026081, curr flow sgid=824903002026081

get_page_info p_application_id=>888,p_page_id=>21,p_security_group_id=>824903002026081

...page info not cached, loading it

get_login_url p_user_interface_id=>3799903570103498,p_application_id=>888,p_security_group_id=>824903002026081

get_home_url p_user_interface_id=>3799903570103498,p_application_id=>888,p_security_group_id=>824903002026081

invalid_session_type=URL,LOGIN=,URL=f?p=350:101:&APP_SESSION.

init_authentication_globals p_mode=>0,p_dynamic_roles=>,p_namespaces=>

... RAS is disabled at instance level

... page is public:false, public auth:false

rejoin_existing_sessions c_platform_rejoin_sessions=>P,p_app_id=>888,p_app_browser_frame=>S,p_app_rejoin_existing_sessions=>N,p_page_info.rejoin_existing_sessions=>

component stack after set_component:

...[1]: APEX_APPLICATION_AUTH LDAP_AUTHENTICATION

Authentication check: LDAP_AUTHENTICATION (NATIVE_CUSTOM)

...rejoining disabled or no cookie-based authentication

attach_preliminary p_id=>

... no session id given

builtin_cookie_sentry p_cookie_name=>IH_APEX

get_by_cookie_name p_cookie_name=>IH_APEX

session cookie value for IH_APEX=ORA_WWV-UnxJH9xwARJG2IAu49gBBJwf

... loading from session table

... cookie session is different to g_instance, so it can not be saved as current session

... session=7469320926208, user=nobody, sgid=824903002026081 (from db)

... session does not match but workspace does, check builder cookie

get_by_cookie_name p_cookie_name=>ORA_WWV_USER_102253453311328

session cookie value for ORA_WWV_USER_102253453311328=ORA_WWV-J9L2VTtdDs2tZDDguSJtFpXa

... session=4870364808673, user=GAP, sgid=824903002026081 (from cache)

... failure, builder session not found/valid

set_db_session_info

do_get_plugin_cache_idx p_app_id=>888,p_app_security_group_id=>824903002026081,p_plugin_type=>AUTHENTICATION TYPE,p_name=>NATIVE_CUSTOM

execute_native_session_sentry p_type=>NATIVE_CUSTOM

... sentry failed

... sentry+verification failure

create_or_reuse_session p_clone_session=>false

... wwv_flow_security.g_instance not set

create_new

generate_unique_session_id

Session created:  user: nobody

set_g_current_session id=>14736485452999,username=>nobody,security_group_id=>824903002026081

check session integrity: security group id matches

init_session p_sessionid=>

init_session p_sessionid=>

init_cache

reset

reset p_keep_sticky_headers=>true

add_header p_key=>Content-Type,p_name=>Content-Type,p_value=>text/html; charset=utf-8,p_overwrite=>true,p_is_sticky=>false

write_headers p_close_header_section=>false

add_header p_key=>Cache-Control,p_name=>Cache-Control,p_value=>no-store,p_overwrite=>true,p_is_sticky=>true

add_header p_key=>Pragma Cache-Control,p_name=>Pragma,p_value=>no-cache,p_overwrite=>true,p_is_sticky=>true

add_header p_key=>Expires,p_name=>Expires,p_value=>Sun, 27 Jul 1997 13:00:00 GMT,p_overwrite=>true,p_is_sticky=>true

get_cookie_value

add_header p_key=>Set-Cookie IH_APEX,p_name=>Set-Cookie,p_value=>IH_APEX=ORA_WWV-sHvDGH0cgUK51wgt_4GN86ol; secure; HttpOnly,p_overwrite=>true,p_is_sticky=>true

set_session_cookie_value p_name=>IH_APEX,p_value=>ORA_WWV-sHvDGH0cgUK51wgt_4GN86ol

...deep_linking=Y, clone_session=false

...remove payload from url, reduce to f?p=app:page:session

... session changed - redirect to f?p=888:21:14736485452999

remember_deep_link p_url=>f?p=888:21:14736485452999

get_current g_instance=>14736485452999

... session already exists, no insert necessary, sgid=824903002026081

save_by_name p_item_name=>FSP_AFTER_LOGIN_URL,p_item_value=>***,p_external_input=>false,p_commit=>true

set_builtin_global_item_value p_item_name=>FSP_AFTER_LOGIN_URL,p_value=>f?p=888:21:14736485452999

Session State: "FSP_AFTER_LOGIN_URL" => f?p=888:21:14736485452999

Session State: COMMIT

Session State: fetch from database (exact)

execute_native_invalid_session p_type=>NATIVE_CUSTOM,invalid_session_url=>f?p=350:101:14736485452999

prepare_url p_url=>f?p=350:101:14736485452999,p_url_charset=>,p_checksum_type=>,p_save_session_state_yn=>N,p_triggering_element=>this,p_dialog=>null,p_rejoin_public_only=>false

get_page_info p_application_id=>350,p_page_id=>101,p_security_group_id=>824903002026081

...page info not cached, loading it

rejoin_existing_sessions c_platform_rejoin_sessions=>P,p_app_id=>350,p_app_browser_frame=>S,p_app_rejoin_existing_sessions=>N,p_page_info.rejoin_existing_sessions=>

url_checksum p_string=>,p_checksum_level=>3,p_bookmark_checksum_function=>SH1

... computed checksum=""

0.03786 0.00020

component stack after clear_component:

redirect_and_stop p_location=>f?p=350:101:14736485452999:::::,p_status=>302,p_reset=>false

add_header p_key=>Status,p_name=>Status,p_value=>302 ,p_overwrite=>true,p_is_sticky=>false

add_header p_key=>Location,p_name=>Location,p_value=>f?p=350:101:14736485452999:::::,p_overwrite=>true,p_is_sticky=>false

Stop APEX Engine detected

Final commit

teardown g_db_session_cleanup_has_run=>false,g_db_session_cleanup_code=>

clear_context

delete_temp_request_files g_temp_request_files.count=>0

Memory Usage (total + top 20) :  20,873,200

WWV_FLOW_PROPERTY_DEV         :  17,624,416

WWV_FLOW_CALENDAR             :     353,960

WWV_FLOW                      :     332,224

WWV_FLOW_API                  :     258,304

WWV_FLOW_WORKSHEET            :     208,200

WWV_FLOW_META_DATA            :     204,600

WWV_FLOW_THEME_MANAGER        :     197,312

WWV_FLOW_WORKSHEET            :     195,680

WWV_FLOW_DISP_PAGE_PLUGS      :     186,160

WWV_RENDER_REPORT3            :     171,000

WWV_FLOW_DEBUG                :     159,168