0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 17, 2018 4:12 PM by jonathan.johnson

OBIEE 12.2.1.4 on Oracle Linux 7.5

jonathan.johnson

More specifically just installing BI Publisher 12.2.1.4 on Oracle Linux 7.5.

I know, I know leading edge ... bleeding edge.  I'm certainly bleeding here. Been attempting this install for a few days here and I've hit a solid wall.  I first attempted to install just the base release of Weblogic 12.2.1.3 (documentation says to use this version), and I was fine all the way until the install of the BI Publisher domain. So yes I was able to install Weblogic -> RCU -> OBIEE Binaries.  I was able to get to 72% install of the BI Configuration and that's where my wall is.  The errors shown are the following (from install2018-08-14_03-41-23PM.log and CreateDefaultBIServiceInstance.out):

Errors

FROM INSTALL Log

[2018-08-14T16:05:34.722-04:00] [bi] [ERROR] [] [oracle.bi.install.config.actions] [tid: 44] [ecid: 0000MKtxmIo6ATWVLyzG8A1RSn1k000004,0] Non-skipped failure during configuration action: Execution of [/oracleApps/Middleware/user_projects/domains/bi/bitools/bin/create_bi_service_instance.sh, -d, "Default BI Service Instance", -b, /oracleApps/Middleware/bi/modules/oracle.biee.application.starter/starter.bar, -o, weblogic, ssi] failed with exit value 1[[

oracle.bi.exec.ExecutionStatusException: Execution of [/oracleApps/Middleware/user_projects/domains/bi/bitools/bin/create_bi_service_instance.sh, -d, "Default BI Service Instance", -b, /oracleApps/Middleware/bi/modules/oracle.biee.application.starter/starter.bar, -o, weblogic, ssi] failed with exit value 1

From BI Service Instance out 

SEVERE: Config file does not exists. Expected at : /oracleApps/Middleware/user_projects/domains/bi/config/fmwconfig/biconfig/metadata/config.xml

SEVERE: [PROBLEM_IMPORTED_BAR_FILE] Problem importing BAR: location=/oracleApps/Middleware/bi/modules/oracle.biee.application.starter/starter.bar; domain home = /oracleApps/Middleware/user_projects/domains/bi

java.lang.NullPointerException: Name is null

SEVERE: [PROBLEM_DOING_POST_SERVICE_INSTANCE_CREATION] Problem performing post-Service Instance creation actions

Aug 14, 2018 4:05:34 PM oracle.bi.servicelcm_v2.legacyimpl.LegacyPodImpl createServiceInstance

SEVERE: [LEGACY_API_PROBLEM_CREATING_SERVICE_INSTANCE] Problem creating Service Instance via legacy API: key=ssi; owner=weblogic; options=CreationOptions [description="Default BI Service Instance", bar=/oracleApps/Middleware/bi/modules/oracle.biee.application.starter/starter.bar, module=null, createObis=false, isOnline=false, port=null, portMonitor=null, properties={}]

I checked to see if the config.xml file existed here (/oracleApps/Middleware/user_projects/domains/bi/config/fmwconfig/biconfig/metadata/config.xml) . Not only does it not exist but the metadata folder doesn't even exist.  Mind you this is something that the config.sh file that is throwing the error is supposed to be generating/creating itself.  Looks like a nice bug.  So, I attempted to install all Weblogic patches as there are none for OBIEE 12.2.1.4 currently.  I installed patches 26937035, 27401639, 27479453, 27823500, 27912627, and 28186730.  The last one is an OPatch update that needs to be in place to install patch 27912627.  However, there is a bug with OPatch 13.9.4.0.0. in the form of not being able to get past the Welcome screen of the config.sh runtime.  I did try to install all patches except for the last two and still got to 72% then failed.  If anyone has suggestions I'm open.  I do realize that I'm a bit outside tested config with Oracle Linux 7.5 as only 7.0 shows on the OBIEE 12.2.1.4 certification matrix, but I was hoping that would be ok.  Other than that obvious suggestion does anyone have any other recommendations?

Thanks,

Jonathan Johnson