5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 23, 2018 10:46 PM by jaramill

1Z0-051 exam retired for OCA Database Admin 12c

user9191739

Hello,

I already pass the exam 1Z0-051 the last year and now i want to pass the exam Oracle Database 12c Administration 1Z0-062 to have the Oracle Database 12c Administrator Certified Associate Certification. Now that i check the 1z0-051 is retired and i want to know if i pass the 1Z0-062 exam i will have my certification or i have to pass the others exams Oracle Database 12c: SQL Fundamentals 1Z0-061  that replace the retire exam (1z0-051).

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Regards,

• 1. Re: 1Z0-051 exam retired for OCA Database Admin 12c
          jaramill

FYI - Try not to attach files as people are wary of downloading/opening up zipped files as they could be harmful (i.e. ransomware, spyware, etc...)

With that said here is your attached image

And to answer your question it spells out it right there in front of you.  You need to pass ONE of the two exams listed in Step 1, and then pass the other exam listed in Step 2, to get your Oracle 12c DBA OCA certification.

Since you passed just 1 (Exam 1Z0-051) which is NOT on the list in Step 1, that means you need to take and pass 2 exams:  (1Z0-061, 1Z0-062), and THEN you'll have your certificate.

Brandye Barrington is the Oracle Certification manager, and she usually visits this forum so she'll either confirm or correct my reply.

• 2. Re: 1Z0-051 exam retired for OCA Database Admin 12c
            user9191739

The problem is that these exam (1z0-051) was at the begging of these year in the certification path for the dba oca 12c now i want to know is these is still valid?

Somebody have a similar issue with another certifications??

• 3. Re: 1Z0-051 exam retired for OCA Database Admin 12c
              jaramill

user9191739 wrote:

The problem is that these exam (1z0-051) was at the begging of these year in the certification path for the dba oca 12c now i want to know is these is still valid?

Somebody have a similar issue with another certifications??

I see what you mean.  Yes it is still valid IF you already passed it.  If that's the case then it does satisfy Step 1.  Then all you need to do is take exam 1Z0-062.

This same situation occurs with people who have already taken an achieve the OCE-SQL via exam (1Z0-047) but yet it is retired and no longer listed...but it does satisfy the requirements for achieving the OCA-PL/SQL or OCP-PL/SQL.

Again wait for Brandye to confirm.

• 4. Re: 1Z0-051 exam retired for OCA Database Admin 12c
                user9191739

Thanks a lot Jaramill..

• 5. Re: 1Z0-051 exam retired for OCA Database Admin 12c
                  jaramill

user9191739 wrote:

Thanks a lot Jaramill..

No problem.  Wait for confirmation from Brandye