1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 30, 2018 7:13 PM by user11991268

Adding 12CFault Policy to a migrated SOA Webservice from 11G to 12C does not work.

user11991268

Hi SOA Gurus,

We are in the process of moving all of our 11G SOA webservice to the SOA 12C environment. We have an instance established . I was trying to build a Proof of Concept to prove the new fault handling that is introduced in SOA 12C is working.

I have a simple Fault Policy to send an email to myself, when a remote or binding fault occurs.

Here is what is happening.

MIGRATED WEBSERVICE(BPEL 1.1)

--------------------------------------

1. Migrated a Webservice from 11g to 12C and made sure I pointed to the new SOA MDS that is configured for the 12C purposes and made sure the XSD is on the MDS and pointed this new webservice to the new MDS location.

2. Added the simple fault-policy.xml and fault-bindings.xm to the webservice

3. Migrated it to the SOA server 12C and tested it normally first and then created a scenario for the remote fault to occur. Even though the flow trace shows that remote fault have occurred, it is not triggering the action of email.

REBUILT THE SAME WEBSERVICE in 12C(BPEL2.0)

1.Rebuilt the whole webserice again in Jdeveloper 12C

2.  Added the simple fault-policy.xml and fault-bindings.xm to the webservice

3. Migrated it to the SOA server 12C and tested it normally first and then created a scenario for the remote fault to occur. Even though the flow trace shows that remote fault have occurred, it is triggers the email and I receive an email.

Can you please let us know why this is not happening ? This is just one example, but I tried multiple of such webservices with no success.

Please let me know the steps that I might be missing in the migration process, which I might have to take care of to make sure, I can embed my new fault policy handling into the migrated webservices and make it work.

Regards,

Vijay Keerthi.

• 1. Re: Adding 12CFault Policy to a migrated SOA Webservice from 11G to 12C does not work.
          user11991268

Hi,

I have worked on an SR as well for this with Oracle,

The reason for this is that the migrated project(from older versions to 12C), is not creating the right folder structure same as, if you create a fresh one from scratch in 12C.

So, If you are migrating a project from 11g to 12C,  then there is one extra step that needs to be done so that, you fault policy is correctly picked up. Do the following step ONLYif you have migrated the SOA from 11g to 12C, otherwise this step is not needed.

Change the file path for property name="oracle.composite.faultBindingFile" from "fault-bindings.xml" to  "SOA/fault-bindings.xml".

Then the fault policy will start working.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Vijay Keerthi.