2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 30, 2018 8:10 PM by rp0428

SP2-0749 only when connecting with SQL Developer

David Balažic

If I user SQL Developer (version 17.4 and 18.2 both behave same) to connect to a DB and then execute:

desc table_name@link_name

I get:

SP2-0749: Cannot resolve circular path of synonym "cache_cs_users"

If I connect to same user on same DB with SQL*Plus Release 11.2.0.4 and execute the same command, I get a proper response with no error.

What could be the cause of this?

I also get an error in SQL Developer on that connection if I try to CREATE a procedure that uses the mentioned table over a DB link.

DB version is 11.2.0.3

Regards,

David

• 1. Re: SP2-0749 only when connecting with SQL Developer
          thatJeffSmith-Oracle

SQL*plus and SQL Developer are completely different products and do a DESC in completely different ways.

You can use the Statements panel to see the SQL we're using to try to describe the object across your database link.

Bugs should be reported to My Oracle Support. But 11203 isn't supported - 11204 is though.

• 2. Re: SP2-0749 only when connecting with SQL Developer

I get:

SP2-0749: Cannot resolve circular path of synonym "cache_cs_users"

. . .

What could be the cause of this?

Examine the data dictionary for all objects with that name and see what is going on.

I also get an error in SQL Developer on that connection if I try to CREATE a procedure that uses the mentioned table over a DB link.

We can't really comment on 'errors' if you don't actually post them. It shouldn't surprise you that you get an error if you try to use an object that is invalid or has errors of its own.

SHOW US:

1. WHAT you do

2. HOW you do it

3. WHAT results you get