3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2018 6:05 PM by fac586

Apex 18 Delete Cancel/OK buttons

InoL

The default Confirm Delete popup has tiny buttons in Apex 18:

It used to be:

Is there a way to change this back to the old look (and button order)?

Thanks

Ino

• 1. Re: Apex 18 Delete Cancel/OK buttons
          fac586

InoL wrote:

The default Confirm Delete popup has tiny buttons in Apex 18:

It used to be:

Is there a way to change this back to the old look (and button order)?

Please provide the following information:

• Full APEX version number
          • Universal Theme version (shown in the File Prefix property at the bottom of the Shared Components > Themes > Theme page)
          • Theme Style
          • Page template(s) (form page and base page if form is a pop-up dialog)
          • The browser(s)/version(s) where this problem is visible
          • Native 18.1 application or upgraded from previous version?

Something similar was reported not long ago, but I can't find the thread. I wasn't able to replicate it then or now in APEX 18.1 with Safari 11, Chrome 69, or Firefox 62 on macOS 10.13, or Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 8.1.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Apex 18 Delete Cancel/OK buttons
            InoL

Thanks for not being able to reproduce this, because it gave me a hint :-)

I had this issue also on apex.oracle.com with an existing Apex 5 application that was upgraded to Apex 18. So, I created a new application from scratch using all the defaults and now I had the old style buttons back.

The class on the Apex 18 OK button is (on both the newly created application and the old upgraded one)

ui-button ui-corner-all ui-widget ui-button--hot 

but this renders completely different on the upgraded application. I need to take a closer look in de browser developer toolbar to check the css styles.

One thing I noticed is that the Universal Theme of the Apex 5 app was not subscribed to the standard UT, so that might have broken something in the upgrade.

• 3. Re: Apex 18 Delete Cancel/OK buttons
              fac586

InoL wrote:

Thanks for not being able to reproduce this, because it gave me a hint :-)

I had this issue also on apex.oracle.com with an existing Apex 5 application that was upgraded to Apex 18. So, I created a new application from scratch using all the defaults and now I had the old style buttons back.

The class on the Apex 18 OK button is (on both the newly created application and the old upgraded one)

ui-button ui-corner-all ui-widget ui-button--hot

but this renders completely different on the upgraded application. I need to take a closer look in de browser developer toolbar to check the css styles.

One thing I noticed is that the Universal Theme of the Apex 5 app was not subscribed to the standard UT, so that might have broken something in the upgrade.

Sounds likely. Upgrading the application does not refresh the theme.