12c database

Oracle® E-Business Suite

Upgrade Guide

Release 12.0 and 12.1 to 12.2

Part No. E48839-16

September 2017

Hi ALL,

I am now in this upgrade task:

My problem is this note was done 2 years ago, and there are new patched involved like CUP8 or CUP9?

How do I apply latest CUP patches to replace the above template process?

Please help....

Kind regards,

• 1. Re: Apply the AD Upgrade Patch for Release 12.2
          David Heisler-Oracle

First let's get you on the correct document - https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E26401_01/doc.122/e73540.pdf

Apply AD 12.2 upgrade driver (required)

Download and unzip the AD Upgrade Patch for 12.2 (patch 10117518). Follow the instructions in the patch readme to use AutoPatch to run it from the 12.2 Run File System.

Important:

AD Upgrade Patch for 12.2 (patch 10117518) patch readme contains information about the latest Consolidated Upgrade Patch (CUP) for AD. You must follow the patch 10117518 readme and apply it after merging with the latest AD Consolidated Upgrade Patch (CUP), as instructed in the readme

We also maintain this information in the very important release notes document Oracle E-Business Suite Release Notes, Release 12.2 (Doc ID 1320300.1)

• 2. Re: Apply the AD Upgrade Patch for Release 12.2
            Beauty_and_dBest

Thanks David,

Note that I am upgrading to 12.0.6  to 12.2.6

I am confused with the readme of patch 10117518

Instructions for running AD Grants
            [required]
            Run the adgrants.sql script as a user that can connect as SYSDBA to grant privileges to selected SYS objects and create PL/SQL profiler objects.

Usage:

1. Create $ORACLE_HOME/appsutil/admin on the database server.

2. Compare the version of adgrants.sql(UNIX) in $APPL_TOP/admin
                 to that in patch directory.
                 Or, compare the version of adgrants_nt.sql(Windows)
                 in %APPL_TOP%\admin to that in patch directory.

3. Copy the higher version of adgrants.sql (UNIX) to
                 $ORACLE_HOME/appsutil/admin.
                 Or, copy higher version of adgrants_nt.sql (Windows) to
                 %ORACLE_HOME%\appsutil\admin.

4. Set the environment to point to ORACLE_HOME on the database server.

5. Use SQL*Plus to run the script:

UNIX:
                 $ sqlplus /nolog
                 SQL> @$ORACLE_HOME/appsutil/admin/adgrants.sql <APPS schema name>

Windows:
                 C:\> sqlplus /nolog
                 SQL> @%ORACLE_HOME%\appsutil\admin\adgrants_nt.sql <APPS schema name>
            Instructions to merge and apply R12.AD.C,AD CUP8 and 26321002:R12.AD.C
            [required]
            When directed to apply AD 12.2.0 (R12.AD.C) in Chapter 3, Upgrading to Release 12.2 within "Oracle E-Business Suite Upgrade Guide 12.0 and
            12.1 to 12.2" and "Oracle E-Business Suite Upgrade Guide 11i to 12.2", perform the following steps instead:

1.1) Merge R12.AD.C (patch#10117518) with AD CUP8 patch (patch#24690501:R12.AD.C) and 26321002:R12.AD.C
                  Note: This merge should be a full merge using -admode. Do not use -preinstall or -driveronly mode.
                  Example: a. Download and unzip R12.AD.C (patch#10117518) ,12.2.0 AD CUP8 patch#24690501:R12.AD.C and 26321002:R12.AD.C under <PATCH_TOP>/AD_source
                           b. mkdir -p <PATCH_TOP>/10117518_CUP8
                           c. admrgpch -s <PATCH_TOP>/AD_source -d <PATCH_TOP>/10117518_CUP8 -merge_name 10117518_cup8 -admode

1.2) Apply the merged patch driver in its entirety following the Pre-Install and Post-Install Tasks of R12.AD.C (patch#10117518) .

IMPORTANT: You should apply the merged patch (R12.AD.C , 24690501:R12.AD.C and 26321002:R12.AD.C), only if you intend to upgrade
            to Release 12.2.0 in the same downtime. Customer who wish to stay on R12.0 or R12.1 should not apply this patch since this task will prevent
            them from applying any delta patches that are on A or B baseline (ex. R12.AD.A.DELTA.6, R12.AD.B.DELTA.8).
            Apply patch
            [required]
            Customers who are on R12.AD.A version, must apply critical patch 6767273:R12.AD.A before applying the AD Mini pack.  This patch can not be merged with the AD Mini pack and must be applied separately.

Note: If you have not installed an off-cycle product, you may skip this step.  To determine if your environment has an off cycle product, verify the following.

* Check for <prod>prod.txt files located under the $APPL_TOP/admin directory.

* For the products found in the directory, make sure there is an entry in the applprod.txt file located under the $APPL_TOP/admin directory

* You must apply patch 6767273 if you have products not listed in the applprod.txt file.
            Post-install Tasks

For 12.0.X / 12.1.X patches, you must complete the tasks in this
            section before starting up Application tier services.
            For 12.2.X patches, you may complete the tasks in this section at
            any time after the update, without taking any services or users offline.

The PAA step will re-enable the AD Invoker's Right feature in R12
            [required]
            Usage:-

1. Run adadmin -> Compile/Reload Applications Database Entities menu ->
                 Compile APPS schema.
              2. Type "No" when prompt for Run Invoker Rights processing in incremental mode [No] ?

I am confused with :

Apply patch

[required]

Customers who are on R12.AD.A version, must apply critical patch 6767273:R12.AD.A before applying the AD Mini pack.

The patch is for 12.0.6? and I will apply it on 12.2.0? Note that at this stage I have done the following :

5.Lay Down the Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2 File System

6.Use Rapid Install to lay down the file system and technology stack

7.Apply the latest application tier technology stack patches

8.Upgrade to Release 12.2.0

Can both 12.0.6  and 12.2.0 be both active and share the same database?

At what point is the 12.0.6 is down? and at what point is 12.2.0 open and deprecates or overrides 12.0.6

Please shed lights....

Kind regards,

• 3. Re: Apply the AD Upgrade Patch for Release 12.2
              mdtaylor

Hi jc,

You have 2 APPL_TOPs until you complete the upgrade, and you apply patch 6767273:R12.AD.A using the old 12.0 APPL_TOP.  Then you merge and apply R12.AD.C (patch#10117518) with AD CUP8 patch (patch#24690501:R12.AD.C) and 26321002:R12.AD.C using the instructions in the readme above from the new 12.2 APPL_TOP using normal adpatch.  There are no adop patching steps in 12.2 until after you apply the 12.2 upgrade driver with classic adpatch and run the online patching enablement patch.  Once you apply merged AD.C patches above, you should do no more maintenance from the 12.0 APPL_TOP, and just keep it around long enough to copy over customizations.

Regards,

Michael

• 4. Re: Apply the AD Upgrade Patch for Release 12.2
                Beauty_and_dBest

Thanks Michael and ALL

I am still confused

Does it mean the 2 APPL_TOPs  can connect to common database 12c?

Does it mean I can run adadmin on the 2 APPL_TOPs?

Does it mean there is a point in time where I can start both using adstrtal.sh?

Below are the summary steps in the upgrade guide (12.0/12.1  to 12.2.6/12.2.7

1.Prepare the Database

2.Upgrade the database to the minimum version or latest certified version

3.Migrate to a new platform (optional)

4.Apply the latest database patches

9.Apply the latest AD upgrade patch and Oracle E-Business Suite Consolidated Upgrade Patch (CUP)

10.Apply the latest Oracle E-Business Suite pre-install patches

11.Apply the 12.2 merged upgrade driver

12.Run Rapid Install in 'configure' mode

13.Enable Online Patching

14.Apply the latest Online Patching Readiness Report Patch

15.Apply required updates to custom code according to the readiness reports

16.Apply the enablement patch

17.Upgrade to the latest code

18.Apply the latest AD-TXK RUP

19.Apply the latest Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2 Release Update Pack (RUP)

20.Complete post-upgrade steps

21.Apply the latest security patches

22.Apply all recommended patches

23.Apply NLS patches (conditional)

24.Deploy custom code, external integrations and third-party integrations

25.Perform advanced configurations

26.Scale up and/or scale out (add additional managed servers, add application tier nodes, add RAC nodes, and so on)

27.Secure configurations

28.DMZ configuration

29.Disaster recovery setup

30.Reporting environment setup

31.Perform product specific tasks

Which step or point above is the 12.0.6 appl_top is dead or can not be started up using adstrtal.sh? or should not be started at all?

Which step or point above where I can  startup 12.2.0  using adstrtal.sh?

Is there step or point above where I can startup both?

Please shed lights.....

Kind regards,

• 5. Re: Apply the AD Upgrade Patch for Release 12.2
                  David Heisler-Oracle

ALL MY RESPONSES ARE IN BOLD

Beauty_and_dBest wrote:

Thanks Michael and ALL

I am still confused

Does it mean the 2 APPL_TOPs can connect to common database 12c?

You won't connect using the 12.2 upgrade filesystem until you apply the AD CUP - You should apply the 12.0  patch 6767273:R12.AD.A before the AD CUP - but yes after you install the upgrade filesystem you will be able to access the database using 12.0 and 12.2 APPL TOPS

Does it mean I can run adadmin on the 2 APPL_TOPs?

You could but you shouldn't need to.  There is no reference to adadmin in the upgrade process.

Does it mean there is a point in time where I can start both using adstrtal.sh?

For activites on the 12.0 you use adstrtal.sh from that environment.  For 12.2 you won't use adstrtal.sh till post upgrade steps.

After you apply the AD CUP, using adpatch from the 12.2 fs1 filesystem, you can no longer use adpatch and adadmin from the 12.0 environment.  This is why you are required to apply the 12.0 patch first before the AD CUP

Below are the summary steps in the upgrade guide (12.0/12.1 to 12.2.6/12.2.7

1.Prepare the Database

2.Upgrade the database to the minimum version or latest certified version

3.Migrate to a new platform (optional)

4.Apply the latest database patches

9.Apply the latest AD upgrade patch and Oracle E-Business Suite Consolidated Upgrade Patch (CUP)

Once you run this step there is no going back to the 12.0 filesystem.  It should be shutdown and not used.  This will be the beginning of you prod upgrade downtime.

11.Apply the 12.2 merged upgrade driver

12.Run Rapid Install in 'configure' mode

13.Enable Online Patching

14.Apply the latest Online Patching Readiness Report Patch

15.Apply required updates to custom code according to the readiness reports

16.Apply the enablement patch

17.Upgrade to the latest code

18.Apply the latest AD-TXK RUP

19.Apply the latest Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2 Release Update Pack (RUP)

20.Complete post-upgrade steps

21.Apply the latest security patches

22.Apply all recommended patches

23.Apply NLS patches (conditional)

24.Deploy custom code, external integrations and third-party integrations

25.Perform advanced configurations

26.Scale up and/or scale out (add additional managed servers, add application tier nodes, add RAC nodes, and so on)

27.Secure configurations

28.DMZ configuration

29.Disaster recovery setup

30.Reporting environment setup

31.Perform product specific tasks

Which step or point above is the 12.0.6 appl_top is dead or can not be started up using adstrtal.sh? or should not be started at all?

Which step or point above where I can startup 12.2.0 using adstrtal.sh?

Is there step or point above where I can startup both?

Please shed lights.....

Kind regards,

• 6. Re: Apply the AD Upgrade Patch for Release 12.2
                    Beauty_and_dBest

Thanks David

Wow! I'm impressed how you make things clear out at my level

You surely makes a good university professor

One more thing:

Once you run this step there is no going back to the 12.0 filesystem.  It should be shutdown and not used.  This will be the beginning of you prod upgrade downtime.

Are you referring above to #9  or #10. This is a quite "subjective"

Two more thing:

Is number #7 below for 12.0.6 appl_top  or for the new 12.2.0 appl_top?

Three more thing:

Can you help please list what patch do I need to apply in our 12.0.6 appl_top before doing the upgrade?

I am really confused identifying them

I saw  two patches below. Can you confirm if below are the needed patches for our 12.0.6 appl_top?

1.)

Upgrade Guide E73540 Page 66

Application DBA (AD) Tasks (Conditional):

If you are upgrading your E-Business Suite environment from Release 12.0.4 or Release 12.0.6, then you must apply the following AD patch as the very last patch on the

application tier: • Patch 11939659:R12.AD.A

Important: If there are any other patches to be applied on your EBusiness Suite Release 12.0.4 or Release 12.0.6 environment, then you

must complete those patches and then apply AD patch 11939659:R12.AD.A.

In patch 10117518  readme:

Apply patch[required]

Customers who are on R12.AD.A version, must apply critical patch 6767273:R12.AD.A before applying the AD Mini pack.  
                    This patch can not be merged with the AD Mini pack and must be applied separately.
                    Note: If you have not installed an off-cycle product, you may skip this step.  
                    To determine if your environment has an off cycle product, verify the following.

* For the products found in the directory, make sure there is an entry in the applprod.txt file
                            located under the $APPL_TOP/admin directory

* You must apply patch 6767273 if you have products not listed in the applprod.txt file.

We have the file "applprod.txt" exist, but how do I tell if we have products not listed in the applprod.txt?

Upgrade Guide E73540 Page 65

Conditional Action: If you are upgrading to 11gR2 or 12cR1 from 10g or 9i, then you MUST set the parameter sec_case_sensitive_logon as follows:

For Release 12.0+ based environments, the sec_case_sensitive_logon must be FALSE for both 11204 & 12c. In addition, for 12c, the SQLNET.

ALLOWED_LOGON_VERSION_SERVER = 8 must be present in sqlnet_ifile.ora. For Release 12.1+ based environments (both 11204

& 12c), customers have a choice to set it as either TRUE or FALSE. If true, then you must also apply Patch 12964564 and follow

instructions in Patch 12964564:R12.FND.B - Enabling the Oracle Database 11g Case-Sensitive Password Feature for Oracle E-Business

Suite Release 12.1.1+ (Doc ID: 1581584.1).

SQL> show parameter sec_case

NAME                                 TYPE        VALUE

------------------------------------ ----------- ------------------------------

sec_case_sensitive_logon             boolean     TRUE

SQL>

Is it okay to set it to FALSE so I do not need to apply the patch?

Same question, is this patch for 12.0.6 appl_top? or for 12.2.0?

Please shed lights.....

Please help what other patches in 12.0.6  I missed out.

Kind regards,

• 7. Re: Apply the AD Upgrade Patch for Release 12.2
                      David Heisler-Oracle

Hello,

1.That comment is referring to item 9 apply the AD upgrade patch.  After this patch is applied there is no going back to 12.0

2. The technology stack patches can and should be done prior to your main downtime on the 12.2 upgrade filesystem.  You can patch the techstacks from the upgrade filesystem immediately before any upgrade steps. There is no need to patch the 12.0 techstacks  ( database tier is the exception since it will be part of the 12.2 environment).  You have 4 tech stacks to patch for the Applications tier.

3. The patches to apply to your 12.0.6 environment are the following and in order

Patch 6767273: INSTALLING R12.AD.A.DELTA.4 FAILS FOR OFF-CYCLE PRODUCTS

You likely won't need this patch but to verify simply follow these actions.  If you are unsure just apply the patch it won't hurt anything.

* For the products found in the directory, make sure there is an entry in the applprod.txt file located under the $APPL_TOP/admin directory

Patch 11939659: QRE1220.1:.ADER: 12.0UPG ADPATCH ERROR WHILE INSERTING INTO AD_CHECK_FILE_TEMP

4. sec_case_sensitive_logon must be set to false for your upgrade - no need to apply the patch.

• 8. Re: Apply the AD Upgrade Patch for Release 12.2
                        Beauty_and_dBest

Thanks David,

I will check that process ....brb

I am still confused   Why do I need to patch our 12.0.6 appl_top when we are leaving it anyway for a new 12.2.0/12.2.6 appl_top?

No files is being taken from 12.0.6 to be copied to 12.2.0 right?

Another question, for item below

9. Apply the latest AD upgrade patch and Oracle E-Business Suite Consolidated Upgrade Patch (CUP)

Once you run this step there is no going back to the 12.0 filesystem.  It should be shutdown and not used. This will be the beginning of you prod upgrade downtime.

Is this process referring to this below?

Kind regards,

• 9. Re: Apply the AD Upgrade Patch for Release 12.2
                          David Heisler-Oracle

I am still confused   Why do I need to patch our 12.0.6 appl_top when we are leaving it anyway for a new 12.2.0/12.2.6 appl_top?

No files is being taken from 12.0.6 to be copied to 12.2.0 right?

The only reason you would need them is for changes they would make to the database.

Not sure where you are getting your list of patches but here are the patches you should be installing

Merge R12.AD.C (patch#10117518) with AD CUP8 patch (patch#24690501:R12.AD.C) and 26321002:R12.AD.C Note: This merge should be a full merge using -admode. Do not use -preinstall or -driveronly mode. Example: a. Download and unzip R12.AD.C (patch#10117518) ,12.2.0 AD CUP8 patch#24690501:R12.AD.C and 26321002:R12.AD.C under <PATCH_TOP>/AD_source b. mkdir -p <PATCH_TOP>/10117518_CUP8 c. admrgpch -s <PATCH_TOP>/AD_source -d <PATCH_TOP>/10117518_CUP8 -merge_name 10117518_cup8 -admode
                          • 10. Re: Apply the AD Upgrade Patch for Release 12.2
                            Beauty_and_dBest

Thanks David,

I got this on docs using CUP5, hence different merger.