4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 27, 2018 2:56 AM by LRKSAI

Not able to connect  to target system using store and forward

LRKSAI

Hi All,

I am not able to forward the source system messages to destination system by using store and forward

I am not getting any error in the source system

I created resources in source system

1)Persistance store

a)Store and forward agent

2)JMS Server :

Ex:TestJMSServer

3)JMSModule :

Ex :TestJMSModule

4)Sub Deployment

Ex:TestJMSSUB

5)Queue

Ex:jms/TestLocalQ

6)SAF Remote Context

Ex :TestRemoteSAFContext

Pointing to remote server

7)SAF Imported Destination

Please find the screen shot

Target System

Queue created

1)jms/CompanyQueue

Can you please let me know any other configuration if I am missing

Thanks in advance.

SAFImportedDestination.jpg

Agent Screen shot

SAFAgent.JPG

• 1. Re: Not able to connect  to target system using store and forward
          Tom B-Oracle

Suggestions:

1) A SAF Agent logs when it encounters problems, but the log messages are typically INFO or WARNING level, which won't show up in the stdout log.    Check your main logs (typically under <domain-dir>/servers/<server-name>/logs).

2) Try send messages using a stand-alone client that runs in the same

3) If the SAF domain is different from the target domain, this requires setting up "cross domain security".

• 2. Re: Not able to connect  to target system using store and forward
            LRKSAI

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your response.

1)

In the AdminServer\logs\safagents\TestAgent

I can see log file is created but it's 0 KB

I tried to check others logs, not able to find any information related in Info,warning or error.

2) I tried to insert the message in a local queue using java program

3) cross domain security is  Enabled

• 3. Re: Not able to connect  to target system using store and forward
              Tom B-Oracle

There are always WL server log files unless they've been deleted by something external.   By default they're located in <domain-dir>/servers/<server-name>/logs/<server-name>.*log* -- and usually  not in a subdirectory under logs titled "safagents".     The server log file location is configurable - if it's been overridden, the location can be deduced by either (A) looking at the stdout capture file for the server, or (B) the config.xml server stanza for the server.   

Note that if the send to the local JNDI name of the imported destination succeeded, but the message is not being forwarded, then you should be able to see the 'unforwarded' message reflected in the statistics for the imported destination.

Note that there's no need to configure a JMSServer or JMS Local Q in the local domain.   If you give the JMS Server hosted Local Q with the same JNDI name as the imported destination Local JNDI Name, then these two JNDI names will conflict when the SAF Agent attempts to create an imported destination with this local JNDI Name.   Based on your description of the source configuration, you might have configured such a conflict.

• 4. Re: Not able to connect  to target system using store and forward
                LRKSAI

Thanks Tom,

It's working fine. Local JNDI was the issue.