2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 3, 2018 6:58 AM by Larry's Friday Girl

    Smart push - suddenly very slow and hitting the wrong row of data

    Larry's Friday Girl

      Hello - this is a weird problem today!

       

       

      PBCS; - previously smart push has completed in seconds, today it started running so long that it ran in the background.

       

      I also noticed that one row of data in the source cube had wound up populating a different row of data in the target reporting cube.

       

      I was able to reproduce this.

       

       

      Anyone else noticed any sudden deterioration on smart push performance, and can anyone suggest a fix for my push missing the target row?

       

       

      edit - run time was showing as 13 seconds

       

      Exporting data...

      Exported data file(s) size is: 9.9 MB.

      EXPORT elapsed time: 8759

      Clearing data...

      Length of the clear script is: 698 bytes.

      CLEAR elapsed time: 1542

      IMPORTING - AppName: XXXXXXXXX

      TRANSFORM elapsed time: 1284
      IMPORTING elapsed time: 636
      TOTAL elapsed time: 12251

       

      edit 2 - recently restructured some sparse dimensions - could this be a factor??!

        • 1. Re: Smart push - suddenly very slow and hitting the wrong row of data
          USER1211

          So after you restructured it is back to 13 seconds as before or no?

          After you restructured did all the targets updated with the proper information from the source.

          Did you "resync"/refresh the data maps and retested your push after the restructure?

          If you manually run the Data Map from the Data Map screen and not from a Data Form does it execute fine?

          Is the issue with all the data maps or just one in specific?

          • 2. Re: Smart push - suddenly very slow and hitting the wrong row of data
            Larry's Friday Girl

            Thank you USER1211,

             

            I received your updates after I had tried running a database restructure overnight, but on your advice I resaved the data maps this morning before retesting and now find myself unable to reproduce the issue - though it still seems slower, so perhaps I have a weeding exercise to do to removal unused elements of the old structure...

             

            Not sure exactly what the magic bullet was, but marking your input as correct.

             

            For the record I was not running originally based on form based smart push, but full smart push - this issue was around load of actuals.

             

            Issue so far just with one data push, but based on your advice I will resave the others before testing.