8 Replies Latest reply on Oct 8, 2018 5:13 PM by Blue Bird

How to add command icons on the toolbar?

Blue Bird

I have two questions regarding toolbar icons in SQL Dev 18.2.x:

1. I would like to know if I can add some additional commands to the Toolbar? For example I would like to add menu command from the menu Tools > Preferences or any other which is active in menu and it's not yet on the toolbar. So when I click this button this dialog would open same as I would open it over the menu.
      2. If I select Customize command (over right mouse button) and then "New Toolbar ..." button I cannot add any new buttons onto that toolbar or I can't figure it out how (= it's not intuitive and logical). I just get toolbar with name I defined and thats it (picture below). How can I after that add my own buttons with commands to this newly created user toolbar? I cannot add any additional buttons to the existing toolbar either. Why then exist (is visible) command "Customize" at all?

Thanks,

BB

• 1. Re: How to add command icons on the toolbar?
          thatJeffSmith-Oracle

It's OK at hiding things, not so much at adding things. So if you don't want the clipboard buttons on your worksheet toolbar, that's easy to fix.

But adding a custom button to say run a command, that's not there today.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: How to add command icons on the toolbar?
            Blue Bird

So it's not implemented yet. Then it would be logical to hide "New toolbar ..." button because it doesn't serve for any purpose, if I understand correct. It's like I would have a button "Jackpot numbers" with dummy procedure behind.

By the way: I also noticed some kind of bug in dragging tables into Query Builder panel. I have dual screen and If I in SQL Dev on secondary screen drag the table into Query Builder panel, in more then 50% (some fuzzy logic) instead of appearing table in the builder panel is opened a new tab with that table in design mode (active is Columns tab). So technically you cannot drag table there with the mouse. On primary screen never happen that. It would be good if others with dual screens (or more) configurations can confirm that behaviour.

BB

• 3. Re: How to add command icons on the toolbar?
              thatJeffSmith-Oracle

Please do not mix threads, start new ones for new topics.

I can't reproduce what you're describing on the query builder/drag, but make sure you have open object on single click disabled in the preferences.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: How to add command icons on the toolbar?

I also noticed some kind of bug in dragging tables into Query Builder panel

Then please report the bug to Oracle via your MOS account so it can be considered.

• 5. Re: How to add command icons on the toolbar?
                  Blue Bird

Yes, If I disable single click (my default) settings (Tools > Preferences > Database > Object Viewer > Open Object on Single Click) then it work. I notice now the same problem also on my primary screen. Sometimes work and sometimes doesn't. I don't have MOS (My Oracle Support) account. How and where you can report a bug for SQL Dev w/o MOS account?

• 6. Re: How to add command icons on the toolbar?
                    thatJeffSmith-Oracle

You don't.

You can report problems here, but this is not a support channel.

• 7. Re: How to add command icons on the toolbar?

I don't have MOS (My Oracle Support) account. How and where you can report a bug for SQL Dev w/o MOS account?

If you don't have a MOS account then you can't get support for suspected bugs.

All volunteers on the forum can do is help if there is a work-around or other way to solve an issue you may be having. If there isn't then posting on the forum won't help get a real problem fixed.

• 8. Re: How to add command icons on the toolbar?
                        Blue Bird

My main goal was just to report the problem to the Jeff, because I know he is The one to take care of this, so the app will be better and more stable in future release if many of us already use it. Jeff told me workaround, but this isn't a solution, because now I have to disable something I had always on (and I think is by default too).

I would then please if someone with MOS account can check if he can reproduce this behaviour and report this under his own account. Right now I cannot do this by myself yet.

And, yes Jeff, next time I will start a new thread. I didn't meant that will came out so much of something "By the way". I tried to spare some bytes in Oracle HD storage, but I learn that this good intentional effort becoming overproportional. Isn't life beautiful, you can learn something new everyday.