2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 15, 2018 1:58 PM by richard.evans

Help needed: Embedding field merge URL in button/text

richard.evans

Does anyone have a solution for adding a CDO field merge, in this case a unique 'Join event' URL, without the email displaying the full URL string? I would like the URL to be embedded in a button and hyperlinked text.

Is this possible in the new editor? Any advice is hugely appreciated.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Help needed: Embedding field merge URL in button/text
          HongTai

Hi Richard!

I just did a couple tests here and got a CDO field merge with a URL to work in an email link / button.  As long as you select the picture / line item and paste in the proper CDO HTML (span tags), and ensure you don't hit "track URL" (as that creates a redirect URL for it), the links should work.

The only concern I have about this is it would likely affect your "click through" metrics - but if it's mainly transactional and you just need to get it sent out, this should do for now.

In any case, what implementation steps have you tried out so I can figure out a good place to start?

Best Regards,

Hong Tai Lee

hongtai@gospecmarketing.com

• 2. Re: Help needed: Embedding field merge URL in button/text
            richard.evans

Thank you, Hong Tai - that is very helpful.

This was a lot easier in the old editor where you could access the HTML portion to make edits. Do you know of a work-around in the new/simplified email editor? I have been advised separately that "shared content" may be an option for embedding the HTML span tags - is this how you are achieving it?

Best,

Richard