8 Ответы Последний ответ: 17.10.2018 16:58, автор: HongTai

Tracking clicks in dynamic content

We're using some basic dynamic content in our html emails, and are not able to see click metrics on the dynamic sections. Clicks are being tracked throughout the rest of the email but the heatmap just has red 0% in the dynamic area. Is there a way to track click performance?

• 1. Re: Tracking clicks in dynamic content
          Mateusz Dabrowski

Unfortunately, not really to my knowledge.
          If it is small dynamic content (few versions) and tracking is really important you may just create few copies of that e-mail and use shared filters to split contacts between them.

• 2. Re: Tracking clicks in dynamic content

Thanks for your response. To be honest, the whole point of us using the dynamic content is to be more efficient, creating one email instead of 7. So I'd rather not go back to multiple versions for tracking purposes. Seems like a basic that needs fixing on the platform - tracking email engagement should be a pretty key priority! Let's see if anyone else has any ideas

• 3. Re: Tracking clicks in dynamic content
              HongTai

Hello!

Not sure how often you you use dynamic content and if this light measure would help.  If you were to tag a unit query string and corresponding value at the end of each link within your dynamic content, you could use the "Email Clickthrough Link with Query String Breakdown" report in Insight to catch a glimpse of things.

I'm also assuming that your links are nearly identical in each dynamic section, since otherwise the "email clickthrough link breakdown" report would also work. 

OBIEE certainly is getting very useful / exciting to use these past couple months!

Best Regards,

Hong Tai Lee

hongtai@gospecmarketing.com

• 4. Re: Tracking clicks in dynamic content

Thanks for this! We can see all our links and query strings (we use GA UTM tagging and this is appearing), but none of the links from the dynamic content are appearing in the report. Looks like it's just not tracked at all, which is a real shame. Unless we are missing a link tracking step when creating the dynamic content, which could be possible?

• 5. Re: Tracking clicks in dynamic content
                  HongTai

Hello!

This brings up a follow up question on whether or not the pages that the links go towards have Eloqua tracking scripts on them.  If not, you can hit "track link" in Eloqua which then automatically makes a "redirect" link where any clickthrough gets redirected to an ELQ "middleman" then forwards it off to the destination.  Is it possible that these links directly link to a PDF link as well?

Let me give it a spin too later today on a test just to see if there's anything else blocking a tracked clickthrough this way.

Best Regards,

Hong Tai Lee

• 6. Re: Tracking clicks in dynamic content

Thanks - I have had a response from a product person at eloqua that the links are not tracked in dynamic content (so no click rate is available). So looks like no resolution here - but they are 'considering' this for future releases.

• 7. Re: Tracking clicks in dynamic content
                      HongTai

Hi There!

Thanks for the reminder on this!  I actually just tested it out (with query strings as well), and my clickthrough got tracked.  I made absolutely sure that each page that I reached had ELQ tracking scripts on them. 

It's odd that the product person / support rep said that, since the query string parameters appended to any link sent via an email from any ELQ server is enough to ID the contact, email, instance and etc that it was sent from.

Right now I'm waiting to see if my query string comes into the report, which I suspect might take some time to make it into OBIEE, but it's in the operational reports of the email for sure.

Will keep you posted!

Best Regards,

Hong Tai Lee

• 8. Re: Tracking clicks in dynamic content
                        HongTai

@3729765

Just an update - the clickthrough and query string value came through into the OBIEE report.