2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 11, 2018 9:37 PM by FriendlyTooo

Error saving table data - Error ORA-01858

FriendlyTooo

Hi Folks:

I am getting the error below.   I believe it is related to the APPLICATION_DATE field. (Not positive, but think so).

Below are screen shots of my settings.  The date format I have set is:   mm/dd/yyyy

I am using an Interactive Grid.  The SQL for the table is:

select FIELD,

APPLICATION_DATE,

CROP,

START_TIME,

FINISH_TIME,

CROP_GROWTH_STAGE,

APPLICATION_STAGE,

ACRES,

WIND_DIRECTION,

WIND_VELOCITY,

TEMPERATURE,

APPLICATOR_NAME,

TREATMENT_AREA,

APPLICATION_METHOD,

CARRY_OVER,

APPLICATION_COMMENT

from CHEMICAL_APPLICATIONS

Table Structure:

I am using the date picker to enter the date.

I deleted and recreated the table (as well as the Interactive Grid based on this table) with no luck.

Two fields are primary keys (Field and Application_date).  I did notice when I click the "Add Row" button it looks like below:

Any ideas?  I've spent more than 4 hours on this and don't seem to be making any progress.

Thanks for any help 

Matthew

• 1. Re: Error saving table data - Error ORA-01858
          FriendlyTooo

Just a little further info:   I just  discovered where the debug info is found in Apex. Maybe this will help:

• 2. Re: Error saving table data - Error ORA-01858
            FriendlyTooo

Hi Folks:

I have some more info that may help narrow down the problem:

1. The problem only occurs when I try to set a Master-Detail relationship with a main region and another region.

2. The problem only occurs when choosing a date column as one of the two master detail links.

3. I created a primary key based on a trigger/sequence.  I can then connect the two interactive grids using master-detail and everything works good with no errors.

4. Error only happens when connecting one date column to another in Master Detail.  (I check a dozen times to make sure both were/ are using the same Date format, size, all that.

Is this just a bug in Apex 18.2  or  is it not possible to use a date column as a primary key and have it also in a master-detail relationship?

Thanks for any help....

Matthew